Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Color Bars

Jason

I would like to make color bars (red/sell, green/buy) on the Money Flow study and don't know where to begin. HELP....

Thanks,

Paul

Hello Paul,

For starters, you should read through our Formula Wizard Guide, if you haven't already. Follow the exercises in the guide and build those examples. This should give you a solid understanding of how to use the Formula Wizard. After that, all you need to do is set up your conditions for Set 1, 2 etc that will determine the logic for coloring your bars. Then use either setBarFgColor() or setPriceBarColor() for the "every time" or "first time" actions. You should add one additional condition as the last Set # where the condition says if 1 == 1 then set the bar to a default color.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason

Unfortunately after six hours I still haven't created what I want, lol....What I want to do is create a Non-Price study (Money Flow) just like the existing "RSI Color Line Bar" located in Helpers. I want a high of 84 or above to be Red and a low of 15 or lower to be colored Lime. Any additional help would surely be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
      Last edited by striedel; 03-24-2005, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Hello Paul,

Use the attachment feature and post the formula that you're working with. I'll take a look at what you have so far and give you some additional guidance.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason

Here is the attachment. Thanks for your help....

Paul

Comment

The attachment didn't show up on the last post. I'll try again.
            Attached Files

Comment

New Game Plan....Wouldn't it be easier for me to modify the Money Flow study that Alexis has in the Builtin Folder? I could copy and paste the color parameters from the RSI Color Line Bar and change the high and low numbers. If that's possible, on what line would I paste them?

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

Paul
                That is quite easy to implement also because you already have the upper and lower variables set up to be modified through Edit Studies ie the values used to plot the bands.
                Copy the lines enclosed in the PHP box below and paste them in the efs in between the comment section "Insert your code...etc etc" and the return statement
                Then in Edit Studies set the Upper and Lower variables to the levels you want
                Alex

PHP Code:
                if(vMF.getValue(MoneyFlowStudy.MONEYFLOW)>Upper)

setBarBgColor(Color.red);
                    if(
                vMF.getValue(MoneyFlowStudy.MONEYFLOW)<Lower)

setBarBgColor(Color.lime); 

Comment

Alexis

That worked beautifully and only took about five minutes. Thanks a million....

Paul

Comment

Paul
                    You are most welcome
                    Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X