Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Para Sar In Formula Wizard - Question for Jason

Jason,

I have the 7.8 version and I was trying to create a formula in FW to change the background color of the price bars when the Para Sar goes above or below price. However, I notice that when I pull up that study within FW it comes up with default "0 values for all the three parameters and after I input a value in any of the fields and click on the next, the previous input value is wiped out and a "0" value is shown instead. It only seems to accept integers and not decimals. Is this a bug or what? I called Tech Support about this and the guy told me that they cannot help with the FW and instead I should raise the question here. It is wierd that Tech Support does not mean support for FW which is part of eSignal product. Anyway I look forward to your reply. Thanks.

Sesh

FYI support for efs is provided only through the Bulletin Board
    Alex

Comment

Hello Seshadri,

The problem with the Parabolic study not accepting decimalized inputs will be fixed in the next release. Thank you for reporting. The following is a temporary work-around you can use. After adding the study through the Formula Wizard, save it and close the wizard. Then open the study through the EFS Editor, hard code your desired parameters for the Parabolic study, save and then close the EFS Editor. Open the study back up in the Formula Wizard and continue from there. The Parabolic study will maintain the edited study parameters as long as you don't edit the Parabolic study in the wizard after you've made the changes through the EFS Editor.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks

Jason,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Your workaround solution works for me.

Sesh

Comment

Working...
        X