Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syntax errors appearing after downloading 7.9

Hello,

I have just downloaded the latest version 7.9 and facing a major issue regarding the formula wizard program. During the last 2 years I built numerous formulas to identify patterns, combination of indicators ... an it worked very well !

Today, just after downloading the latest version I have tried to use a formula I built on my own and that I have used for months.
    It worked.
    Then, I made a small change and saved the formula under the same name and tried to use it on my chart by selecting it the way I always did so far and a message came up : "a syntax error occured" and the output window mentionned "line 11 : can not find internal class to construct built in study".

I tried different things to find a solution and found out after several attempts that even if I make no change at all to the formula but closing the file opened using "save as" without changing anything to the name of the formula ... the formula, if added to a chart will indicate a syntax error !

I have tried to create totally new formulas and the syntax error message is mentionned also in the output window each time !

To complete my request, I have attached 1 basic formula "Test2.efs" that does not work unless I substract the stochastic study among the list of studies.

How could I solve this problem, and if no solution is available so far, how could I download back version 7.8.

Regards.

Gilles
    Attached Files

Gilles
    See this thread for an explanation of the problem and a workaround to use while waiting for a fix
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,

I managed to solve the problem with your tip.

"Merci beaucoup" from Paris.

Regards.
      Gilles

Comment

Gilles
        My pleasure.
        BTW there is another bug you need to be aware of. When you select events (such as playSound, setBarBgColor, etc) to be executed under given conditions the Formula Wizard displays two sets of events, one set listed in Actions and another in Alerts and Globals. You need to use those listed in Alerts or Globals and not those in Actions (which are listed by mistake)
        Alex

Comment

thank you for giving me in advance the answer to a problem I am just facing at present and was about to talk to you about !

Gilles

Comment

Working...
          X