wide range bar counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wide range bar counter

I want to count how many bars in a chart are wide ranging bars.... meaning the high> yesterdays high and the low < yesterdays low..

Does esignal have such a counting feature?

This will plot the number of bars that meet your criteria on a daily chart

I see about 23 occurancs in the last few months on es #f
    Attached Files

Comment

doh!

I did the inside bar case, not the outside bar case, here is the correction
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks but how do you adjust the look back period?

Frr example lets say I want only the last 100 days specifically.

Also how do you make esignal load up all the bars available in their database the first time you click a new ticker symbol? Is that adjustable.. similar to metastock?

--MIKE

Comment

Mike
          How many days are loaded in a chart depends on the Time Templates.
          As to your first question you could for example just load 100 days and run David's script.
          Alex

Comment

What is the max. bars that can be loaded per a chart the first time you type a new ticker symbol?

Comment

Mike
              It depends on what data and what you have in a Time Template.
              If intraday then the maximum currently available is 60 days (10 days if Ticks).
              If Daily then data can go back more than 10 years and you can request all of it through the Time Template.
              If the Time Template is not set to a specific number of days (ie it is set to Dynamic) then eSignal will download what is necessary to "fill" a chart. As you scroll backwards it will request more data and fill the chart and so on and so forth.
              Hope this answers your question
              Alex

Comment

I am interested in Daily bars.... how do u request all data?

Comment

Mike
                  I do not believe there is a way to request "all" data as such but an approximate count would yield 2500 bars for 10 years.
                  So create a template that requests 3500 #Days using D as interval and you are probably going to request most if not all the available data.
                  Alex
                  Last edited by ACM; 03-28-2003, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Also.. when loading up charts.. is there any way to store some of the data on temporary memory.. so lets say you want 10 years of data for IBM and MSFT.. and you flip between stocks on that chart? DOes it have to reload the whole data each time??

--MIKE

Comment

Mike
                      Data is cached locally so once you have downloaded the data for the various symbols switching between them is instantaneous
                      Alex

Comment

Is there any way to adjust the amount of data cache stored?

It still slow when I switch stock charts already loaded before.

--MIKE

Comment

Mike
                          FYI I just created a Time Template that requests 5000 Daily bars and loaded $INDU in a chart.
                          Data begins in July 89 and the bar count is 3433 so my intial 3500 was not far off.
                          BTW to get the Bar Count (in case you do not have it in your Cursor Window) right click on the Cursor Window and put a checkmark in Show Bar Count
                          Alex

Comment

Mike
                            I don't know if there is a way to adjust the cache.
                            I can tell you though that switching between what are now 10 symbols each with 3000+ bars happens in an instant and this is running on a 1600x1200 resolution with bar spacing reduced to the minimum so there is a lot of screen to refresh.
                            Alex

Comment

I am switching between daily charts of 3000+ bars... and I have to wait around 10 seconds... I am using DSL?

--MIKE

Comment

Working...
                              X