1-2-3-4 Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2-3-4 Setup

Here is my long setup from stockcharts.com... Its the Jeff Cooper 1-2-3-4 pullback strategy. Can someone please convert this into an EFS. What I would like is the efs to paint the bars blue when todays high is greater then yesterdays high and paint the bars red when todays low is less than yesterdays low. Paint the bars light grey when there is an inside day.. and black when there is an outside day.... Thats just for visual clarification.

Now for the actual setup... there should be a green buy arrow under the bar for a long and a purple short arrow above the high for a short.

Here is the long setup from stockcharts.com... the short setup.. its just the inverse....

[type = stock] and [country = us] and [sma(50,volume) > 100000]

and [[[low<= yesterday's low] and [yesterday's low<= 2 days ago low] and [ 2 days ago low< 3 days ago low]] or

[[2 days ago low<= 3 days ago low] and [yesterday's low<= 2 days ago low] and [high<= yesterday's high] and [low >= yesterday's low]] or

[[2 days ago high<= 3 days ago high] and [2 days ago low >= 3 days ago low] and [low<= yesterday's low] and [yesterday's low<= 2 days ago low]] or

[[2 days ago low<= 3 days ago low] and
    [low<= yesterday's low] and [yesterday's high<= 2 days ago high] and [yesterday's low >= 2 days ago low]]]

and [Plus DI(14) > Minus DI(14)]
    and [adx line (14) >= 30]

and [[ 3 days ago high> max(40,close)] or [ 2 days ago high> max(40,close)]]
    Last edited by mikexny; 03-30-2003, 01:20 AM.

I got this started and the rest should follow logically.

Let me know if you need some more help with the other 2 or 3 conditions for a long or the short side.

http://share.esignal.com/download.js...file=mike1.ach

Comment

Here is the efs, not sure if this comes over with the ach file
      Attached Files

Comment

MikexNY

See if this efs does the whole LONG side according to your criteria. should be close, but my eyes were going crazy with the back and forth.
        Attached Files

Comment

dloomis

I have just run the script you put together for Mike. However, I'm not sure if its actually working - please see image. Now, I thought that the price bars would only turn blue if they were higher than yesterdays high. However, the horizontal line is the previous days high and the price bars appear to be turning blue long before they hit yesterdays high.

I wonder if you could let me know where I might be going wrong.

Cheers mate.

Carlton
          Attached Files

Comment

Carlton
            I think that in this case "yesterday" was meant figuratively ie as in "prior bar".
            Alex

Comment

Alex

I see.

Thanks

Carlton

Comment

Working...
              X