3/10 oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/10 oscillator

Does a formula exist, in e-signal, for this oscillator?
    To construct the 3/10 Oscillator you subtract a 3 period simple moving average from a 10 period simple moving average. A 16 period simple moving average is then plotted of the oscillator itself. The 16 period moving average is the slow line and the 3/10 oscillator is the fast line.

cereus
    Unless I am misunderstanding something it sounds like a 3-10-16 MACD where all the averages used are simple.
    You can set that up using the MACD in Basic Studies or if you prefer create one with Formula Wizard.
    Alex

Comment

confused

Using the edit feature feature, I would have no idea how to subtract the 3 period simple moving average from the 10 period simple moving average. Also wouldn't the MACD setup make the 10 period SMA the slow line?
      AS I mentioned below, I want to make the SLOW line, a 16 period SMA of the DIFFERENCE between the the 3 and the 10 period SMA's.
      Thanks for any further insight.

Comment

cereus
        In the following image you can find the settings that I think you want.

The MACD line is the difference between the 3 period (Fast) and the 10 period (Slow) SMAs.
        The Signal line is the SMA of the MACD (hence the 16 period average of the difference between the 3 and 10 period averages).
        Hope this helps
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X