Duplicating TradeStation PaintBar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicating TradeStation PaintBar

Former TradeStation user attempting to change over to eSignal. On TS I used a Paintbar Study that would set the bar color one color if the current bar is greater than the average of the past 21 closes. The length of the moving average could be user specified as well as the part of the bar to be used in calculating the average (O,H,L,C). It would only plot when the current closing price was > the average. I used another version of the same thing for < the average and specified a different color. I have attempted to duplicate this using the formula wizard and have failed miserably. I get a line that plots joining the closes. I want the bar to be colored,not trailing line. Any help would be appreciated.

chappie
    The attached efs will paint the bars as per the image below.

To change the Source or Length of the MA right click the chart and select Edit Studies.
    Valid inputs for Source are Open, High, Low, Close.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much. I have downloaded it and applied it to my chart. I have opened it in editor and looked at the code to see how difficult it will be to change the length of time and the color of the bars, I think I have it figured out, but have saved a backup copy of the download just in case I screw up. Again, thanks for your assistance.

Comment

chappie
        FYI you do not need to use the Editor to change the Length of the MA or the value (Open, High, Low or Close) used for the MA.
        Simply right click on the chart, select Edit Studies then in the Edit Studies dialog box dropdown select the Study (ie 21ma).
        At that point you should see two boxes in which you can type the settings you want.
        The defaults are Close and 21. Valid alternate inputs for nSource are Open, High or Low (all with upper case first letter).
        Alex
        Last edited by ACM; 04-09-2003, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X