Calculating position of open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculating position of open

I know nothing about programming, but have been putting together some basic formulas in the wizard to paint certain bars either blue or red based on a possible bullish or bearish reversal bar as per Miner's work.

It is fairly simple when I just have to specify if the open is higher than the close etc etc...but the problem I am facing is I have some bars I want to paint based on where in the range the market opened and closed.

For example:

The market opens above the prior day's close, makes a new high and the close is less than the current day's open. (That is the easy bit) I want to add that the open must be in the top 1/3 of the day's range and the close must be in the bottom 1/3 of the day's range.

I have several of these type of scenarios I wish to highlight.

Is it possible to do this in the formula wizard?

If not, is it possible to edit the formula that appears at the bottom of the page in the wizard - and how simple is this for someone who knows absolutely nothing?

Thanks!

Mark

Mark
    You should be able to write most of those conditions with the Formula Wizard.
    In the example shown below I have set all the conditions you laid out in your post. There is one little trick you need to implement with the Formula Wizard when creating some of the more complex statements and that is to wrap them in parenthesis even if these are not required (see the third and fourth line). This will prevent the Wizard from trying to override your conditions.
    To answer your second question it is not possible to edit the formula in the bottom of the page but you can edit it with the Editor (Tools-> EFS-> Editor)
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex...I'll have a play with that. It looks reasonably straight forward.

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X