attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attachments

I have an issue with a efs I created using formula wizard. In the past I could upload the efs as an attachment and someone could comment their suggestion. But under options while creating this message it says that this forum rules does not allow attachments. I can not figure out a way to post attachements.

Is it impossible to post attachments now?

Should I cut and paste the whole code here or any other suggestions?

Thanking you in advance.

Pogman

Looks like attachments works for me. Try it again by replying with a new post.
    Attached Files
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

attachments

When creating a new message to the left and below under options it states that I MAY NOT POST ATTACHMENTS??? very odd? Under USER CP nothing is checked in terms of attachments or no attachments.

I still can not figure out why I can not post attachments when others can, and I have in the past.

any further suggestions.

pogman

Comment

Hello FibbGann

I just tried a new post and it still says that I "may not post attachments"?

very confusing and I am stumped?

Any other suggestions or is there some sort of on/off feature somewhere to allow/not allow attachments that I can change/

Thanks anyways

Pogman

Comment

Copied/Pasted efs

hello

I am still prevented from posting attachments to this list. so I have copied a simple efs I have created.
          This is what the efs should do: When MACD < MACD Signal, and close is < 30 ema COLOR CANDLE BLUE.
          When MACD> MACD Signal and price close is > 30 ema COLOR CANDLE WHITE.
          Below is the link to view a snapshot of the efs and color change.
          http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...png&groupid=14

What I do not understand is that: even though the price starting in Nov was < 30 ema, but it had a positive MACD cross, the candle is white, when it should have been BLACK.

If you go back in time from June to May of 2005 the color goes from black, which is correct, to white, which is incorrect. Why?

Is the efs doing what it should be doing or am I missing some sort of conditon? Confused?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Pogman

/{{EFSWizard_Description
          //
          // This formula was generated by the Alert Wizard
          //
          //}}EFSWizard_Description

//{{EFSWizard_Declarations
          var vMACD12_26 = new MACDStudy(12, 26, 9, "Close", false, false);
          var vEMA30 = new MAStudy(30, 0, "Close", MAStudy.EXPONENTIAL);
          var vLastAlert = -1;
          //}}EFSWizard_Declarations

function preMain() {
          //{{EFSWizard_Code_PreMain_setPriceBarColor
          setColorPriceBars(true);
          //}}EFSWizard_Code_PreMain_setPriceBarColor
          /**
          * This function is called only once, before any of the bars are loaded.
          * Place any study or EFS configuration commands here.
          */
          //{{EFSWizard_PreMain
          setPriceStudy(true);
          setStudyTitle("macd color candle");
          //}}EFSWizard_PreMain

}

function main() {
          /**
          * The main() function is called once per bar on all previous bars, once per
          * each incoming completed bar, and if you don't have 'setComputeOnClose(true)'
          * in your preMain(), it is also called on every tick.
          */

//{{EFSWizard_Expressions
          //{{EFSWizard_Expression_1
          if (
          vMACD12_26.getValue(MACDStudy.MACD) < vMACD12_26.getValue(MACDStudy.SIGNAL) &&
          close() < vEMA30.getValue(MAStudy.MA)
          ) onAction1()
          //}}EFSWizard_Expression_1

//{{EFSWizard_Expression_2
          else if (
          vMACD12_26.getValue(MACDStudy.MACD) > vMACD12_26.getValue(MACDStudy.SIGNAL) &&
          close() > vEMA30.getValue(MAStudy.MA)
          ) onAction2();
          //}}EFSWizard_Expression_2

//}}EFSWizard_Expressions

//{{EFSWizard_Return
          return null;
          //}}EFSWizard_Return

}

function postMain() {
          /**
          * The postMain() function is called only once, when the EFS is no longer used for
          * the current symbol (ie, symbol change, chart closing, or application shutdown).
          */
          }

//{{EFSWizard_Actions
          //{{EFSWizard_Action_1
          function onAction1() {
          setPriceBarColor(Color.RGB(0,0,255));
          vLastAlert = 1;
          }
          //}}EFSWizard_Action_1

//{{EFSWizard_Action_2
          function onAction2() {
          setPriceBarColor(Color.RGB(255,255,255));
          vLastAlert = 2;
          }
          //}}EFSWizard_Action_2

//}}EFSWizard_Actions

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...png&groupid=14[IMG][img]http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?folder=&picture=snapshot-3.png&groupid=14
          Last edited by Pogman; 11-26-2005, 01:01 PM.

Comment

here is the same image I posted but instead of using Candles I am using LINE ON CLOSE. and it works as it should!

Why does it work with LINE ON CLOSE and not with candles?

Pogman

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...png&groupid=14[IMG][img]http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?folder=&picture=snapshot-4.png&groupid=14

Comment

the previous attachment did not come through so here goes again so you could see it better. i hope it works.

Anyhow if you compare this image below of the LINE ON CLOSE with the image of the candles you will see the candles are white color but the LOC is black color....Why is that?

Thanks Pogman

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...png&groupid=14

Last edited by Pogman; 11-26-2005, 01:17 PM.

Comment

It works right with the candles closing above or below the 30MA

It the candle does not close above the 30 or below the 30 then the signal is not verified.

Of course when using a line chart you can't see the "open", "high" and "low" only the close.

Comment

Hello

Thanks for replying.

If you look at the 3rd message below. During the month of Nov the candles are BELOW the 30 ema and should be black as the close is not higher than the 30 ema as in during the June timeframe when the candles are colored white as I would wish.

During the Nov timeframe the MACD is in a (+) cross and the candles go white even though the close is under the 30 ema!

In May with the macd (-) cross and close below the 30 ema the candles are black as I would wish them. Do you see the difference? The Nov timeframe should look like the May timeframe and it does not? Why not?

If you load on your chart only OCT 2004-MAY2005 data you will see that the candles are white in the MAY timeframe but as soon as you get a close over the 30 ema then those may candles change to black from white? Do you see my conundrum?

Maybe I am not explaining myself well. Sorry? But still confused as I do not see this working correct as it did in the May timeframe.

Pogman

Comment

Pogman,

Ad this to the premain:

PHP Code:
                    setDefaultPriceBarColor(Color.RGB(0,0,0)); 
                    That will fix it.

Comment

FibbGann

AMAZING, WOW! It works. Thanks for taking the time. I truly appreciate it as it was driving me crazy!!!

Have a great night!

Pogman

Comment

Working...
                      X