Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volatility Calc in EFS

Hi guys,

Could someone let me know if it is possible to create a formula in EFS which would calculate the standard deviation of Log Normal Returns of a currency pair on a 1 min close, then take the average of several volatility returns through other currency pairs and then plot the returns on a hourly chart.

Also the charts themselves only allow for 5 multiple symbols to be shown. Does anyone know how (if at all possible) I could see as many as 11 symbols on one chart?

Many thanks
    Harry

Re: Volatility Calc in EFS

Originally posted by HarryBedi
    Hi guys,

Could someone let me know if it is possible to create a formula in EFS which would calculate the standard deviation of Log Normal Returns of a currency pair on a 1 min close, then take the average of several volatility returns through other currency pairs and then plot the returns on a hourly chart.
    This should be possible in a custom EFS. You won't be able to do this through the Formula Wizard.

Also the charts themselves only allow for 5 multiple symbols to be shown. Does anyone know how (if at all possible) I could see as many as 11 symbols on one chart?

Many thanks
    Harry
    The Advanced Chart multiple symbol display option is limited to a max of 5 symbols. To display 11 through this feature would require enhancements to the software. Feel free to send in a request at [email protected].
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X