Runaway Alerts: Sound & Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway Alerts: Sound & Email

I tried to program a very simple alert using the Formula Wizard.

If High is > than High(-1)

(then I want an Audio alert, A visual UpArrow, and an email)

I programmed both in: "...then the following will happen every time"

and nothing in: "while the following will happen only the first time"

This all went well until the alert actually occured. The audio alert would not stop ringing and I received 40 emails. I tried putting the code instead in "while the following will happen only the first time" and then nuthing happened, no alerts.

I only want the alert to happen once on occurance- then reset before the next bar. I don't even need it to reset- I just want ONE alert- not 100 at 5 cents per text msg on my cellphone. This has already cost me $10 in overcharges on my cellphone.

Any ideas why the Wizard can not do this correctly? thanx

strongas
    If you set your condition to high()>high(-1) and select the option to trigger the alerts "all the time" then they will trigger continuously on that bar because the condition returns true on every tick.
    The reason they are not triggering if you select the option "only the first time" is because you probably did not add a second conditional statement required to reset the flag, so it will trigger only the very first time that the event happens and then no more.
    FWIW it is possible to accomplish what you want with the Formula Wizard. The following two images show you how you need to set your conditions.

All the second condition does is to reset the flag at every new bar.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X