Setting bgcolor in formula wizard crashes esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting bgcolor in formula wizard crashes esignal

I'm running Esignal 7.91 build 738 on XP SP1. When I run formula wizard, new formula, and setbarbgcolor to happen everytime, click the "value" dropdown, select "Other", and select a different shade of a color, I get a crash info dialog and esig shuts down. I've tried this on 3 different computers and get the same result.

mgin
    FWIW I am not seeing any crashes when repeating the same steps (the enclosed image shows a color from the Other panel). Using version 7.9.1 build 738 with win XP Pro and SP1
    Alex

Comment

Thanks as always Alexis. This is too strange to try and figure out so I'll rebuild one of my boxes when I get time. I'm working around it for now by selecting a canned color, and editing the efs with the specific RGB settings.

Comment

I'm brand new to using EFS Wizard, so this reply is untimely, but pertinent nonetheless. I am experiencing the same crashes when trying to select a custom color in the Wizard. In my case, it happens when editing fgcolor in a DrawTextRelative line. The Crash Report fails, even after numerous Retries, with the message

Received: 644 1460 1225336 1225364
        Generating crash report ...
        Failed to save dump file to 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\sigB1.tmp' (error 3165472)

7.9.1 738 on Windows2000 Pro SP4 here.
        Last edited by checkraise; 03-06-2006, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Hello checkraise,

I'm not able to reproduce this problem on my end (build 738 windows XP). Please attach a copy of your wizard formula so I can test it on my end.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi JasonK

You are not alone, I've gone through the various formulas I was working on at that time, and I cannot now duplicate the crash. I do remember it happened on more than 1 formula, which is why I thought it was not formula-specific.

Sorry bout that, I'll be better documented in the future.

Comment

Working...
            X