Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broker code

Hi,
    can you tell me what broker code to enter in my efs script to have the buy entered into the esignal paper trade broker sheet??
    would the functionality be identical if i had an actual live broker account?
    Also, I have a new thread on the efs backtesting bulletin for 2 to 3 hours with no response. How do I get a response.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Dave
    You can find that information in the EFS KnowledgeBase under EFS2 Function Reference-> Generic Broker Functions
    FWIW I see that you already had a reply to your back testing question by the time you posted this thread
    Alex

Originally posted by Stowaway
    Hi,
    can you tell me what broker code to enter in my efs script to have the buy entered into the esignal paper trade broker sheet??
    would the functionality be identical if i had an actual live broker account?
    Also, I have a new thread on the efs backtesting bulletin for 2 to 3 hours with no response. How do I get a response.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Comment

paper broker code for efs generic broker functions

Alex,
      I also need the code for the Paper Broker to insert in the Generic Broker funcitons in my efs.
      I have searched extensively in the knowledge base which only lists the functions and not the paper broker code.
      Could you please provide the code?
      Thanks

Comment

Looks like the Generic Broker Functions default to the Paper Broker if you do not specify an integrated broker.

Comment

Should have mentioned that all you need to add a Trade window to your chart by clicking Trade/Attach Order Ticket from the main menu bar....then Right click in the ticket window and select Edit Template...then Properties and browse to your efs file in the EFS Formula window....then test all you want (in real time or Tick Replay).... therefore no need to specify routing to the Paper Broker in your efs code, just run the code from the paper broker template

Unfortunately the ticket window does not show the orders you generate in the Show Active Orders window; however it does update the trade status including Last Fill and also updates a separate Broker Window to keep track of your realized and unrealized PL (open the broker window at Trade/eSignal Paper Trade/Broker Window)

Comment

Working...
          X