$ticki dots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ticki dots

The attached formula will plot a dot above the price bar when $ticki is greater that 22 and plot a dot below the price bar whent he $ticki is less than -22. The problem is that when it prints a dot and the price bar moves higher, it prints another dot so that you may have 3-4 dots on the same bar as the price bar rises. When you refresh, it only plots 1 dot. I have tried to program the wizard with the plot only on the first function, but this does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

DaTr8dr
    Attached Files

I would suggest trying to use the

removeShape()

command just before each drawShapeRelative statement

Comment

$ticki dots

Attached is the script with the removeShape() line added. It did not work. Maybe I entered the script incorrectly. Please check and advise.

Thanks,

DaTr8dr

Comment

$ticki dots

forgot to attach file,

duh.

DaTr8dr
        Attached Files

Comment

DaTr8dr
          Unless you have a specific reason to see a dot appear while a bar is still forming a quick solution would be to use setComputeOnClose() in preMain()
          Alex

Comment

thanks to all who reply. I appreciate your help.

DaTr8dr

Comment

ticki dots on the bar

Alex,

Thanks for the suggestion on including the command "setComputeOnClose()" for my multiple ticki problem. This resolves the many extra dots on the chart, but it also eliminates a dot if during the building of a bar the ticki high/low mark is met, but by the end of the bar the ticki high/low mark is not in place. This then eliminates the drawing of a dot on that bar.

I suppose what I am wondering is that is there a command that will post a dot on the bar when the ticki hi/lo signal is hit even though it may not still be in place at the close of that bar.

Thanks,

DaTr8dr

Comment

DaTr8dr

A solution really depends on what end result you want.

If all you need is some intrabar signal that $ticki has reached its high/low mark and it does not matter to you to have that signal remain on the chart once that bar is closed then you can just paint the bar or the background. This way you skip the dots altogether and consequently the setComputeOnClose to avoid the multiple dots issue.

If instead you want the intrabar signal to remain on the chart even if the close of $ticki did not meet the mark then the best solution I can come up with is to draw the dot at the top and bottom of the chart using the Shape.RELATIVETOTOP and Shape.RELATIVETOBOTTOM flags. As the upper and lower dots are drawn always in the same y-axis position you avoid the multiple dots issue.
                However, in itself this solution does not indicate if the signal was intrabar only or if it was also true at the close of the bar. To differentiate between the two signals you would then also paint the bar or the background. This way if the bar/background is painted and you have the dot you know that was an extreme on the close otherwise if the bar is not painted and you have a dot it was an extreme level only on an intrabar basis.

Hope this helps

Alex
                Last edited by ACM; 05-10-2003, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X