EFS Wizard Bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Wizard Bypass

I have a script I created with the wizard and I want to keep it in the wizard format.

Is there a special section or string I can use to keep custom code in the script so it will not rewrite it. Ie:

//DONT DELETE MY STUFF
    var f = new File("Trading.txt");

//END

If I stick my new file in the main variables it outputs to the file many times. If I stick it between premain and function main it works fine. Weird?

Re: EFS Wizard Bypass

Hello Geoff,

Originally posted by glay
    I have a script I created with the wizard and I want to keep it in the wizard format.

Is there a special section or string I can use to keep custom code in the script so it will not rewrite it. Ie:

//DONT DELETE MY STUFF
    var f = new File("Trading.txt");

//END
    If you are creating the initial formula with the wizard and then modifying the formula through the EFS Editor with your custom code, you should save the custom version with a new name. If you have the Formula Wizard open with the formula at the same time that you have it open in the Editor, clicking save in the FW will overwrite any custom changes you made through the EFS Editor. Is this the problem you are describing?

If I stick my new file in the main variables it outputs to the file many times. If I stick it between premain and function main it works fine. Weird?
    I'm not sure I understand the problem you are describing here. Please post your formula so I can take a look.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

I created the intial formula with the wizard and I added to the script based on another auto trading script I had. I haven't ever used the efs editor. Sadly I've been using notepad but hey it works. I know how to place comments in the file // but was really wondering what other pre-defined sections (ex: //{{EFSWizard_Expressions) the wizard would allow for. Is there a documetaion on the wizards layout code.

I like being able to edit the code with the wizard. Im not a good programer and it shows whats going on in a simplistic fashion so I dont want to go in and edit the file with notepad and screw up its code.

Thx Jason

Comment

Hello Geoff,

Any custom modifications that you add to the formula through a text editor or the EFS Editor cannot be interpreted by the Formula Wizard. If you are just trying to learn more about the FW, please see our Formula Wizard Guide.

The FW does have limitations and it may not be able to create the auto-trading study that you are attempting. In order to accomplish more advanced routines you will need to learn how to code with EFS through the EFS Editor. To help get you started, please review the Help Guides and Tutorials from our EFS KnowledgeBase.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X