Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADX study for EFS

The ADX study normally have two parameters
    let s say ADX 14, 21, meaning the DI+ / DI- / DX are calculated with 14 periods data while the ADX is calculated as MA(21) of DX

in the EFS formula wizard we can only program one of the variables. Number one why is that the case and number two which one is it, in the example above would it be the 14 or the 21? And if only one variable is set up, does the remaining one have a default value? What value would that be

thank you in advance

malexe

in the EFS formula wizard we can only program one of the variables. Number one why is that the case
    Given that the ADXDMStudy() function does accept 2 parameters I am assuming it was omitted by mistake.
    I will pass this information to the developers. In the mean time as a workaround you can add the second parameter using the Editor. Attached you can find an ADX efs written with the Formula Wizard and edited with the Editor as suggested above. If you open the script using the Formula Wizard it will display and retain the second parameter unless you specifically edit the ADXDMStudy() function in which case it reverts back to the single parameter. Any other change, addition, deletion etc (even a Syntax Check) to the formula should leave the ADXDMStudy() function intact.

And if only one variable is set up, does the remaining one have a default value? What value would that be
    From what I can see the parameter defaults to a value of 14 if it is omitted.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

i there and thank you for your answer
      I do nt think this was my question

on teh EFS formula wizard, under Studies Used, we can add studies from a list, among which it is the ADX. normally ADX is set up 14,14 let s say, with two parameters but we can only set one up in the EFS formula wizard. My question is which one is it, the 1st or the second value and what is the value of the other study. If iinput 5, for instance, does it mean i have an ADX 5,14? or an ADX 5,5 ? or anything else?

thx a lot again for your help

Comment

malexe
        It is the first parameter (ie Length). The second parameter (ie the ADX smoothing) is omitted by mistake in the Formula Wizard and defaults to a value of 14.
        However as I show in the efs attached to my previous reply you can add the second parameter using the Editor
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X