Wizard study doesn't work on bonds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizard study doesn't work on bonds

The attached study was created in the wizard and it works fine in the YM, BP, etc., BUT its doesn't work in Bonds or Notes (it plots but its yellow all the time) its supposed to be blue when its up and red when its down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce
    Attached Files

Bruce
    At my end the study appears to be working fine also with Bonds and Notes (see enclosed screenshot)
    Alex

Comment

Alex:

I rebooted eSignal, reloaded the study, and rebooted my computer and it still shows a yellow SMA.

Any additional suggestions?

Bruce
      Attached Files

Comment

Bruce
        In looking at your chart I see what is happening.
        In File->Preferences you have disabled the Compact Price Display option. At the same time you are using the formatPriceNumber() function [in lines 47 and 48] which converts a value to a string hence the variables a and b become strings with a fractional separator eg 104'16. In the same lines 47 and 48 you then divide those strings by 1 which returns NaN ie Not A Number. When you run your condition it returns false as it is not comparing any values hence it does not color the average in blue/red.
        To resolve this either enable the Compact Price Display option or comment out [or delete] lines 47 and 48 which are unnecessary anyhow
        Alex

Comment

Alex:

I // out the suggested lines and it works great.

I'm very appreciative, as usual.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce
            You are most welcome and thank you for the feedback
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X