X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to default candles any color?

Hello

I hope the image came through

If not please use chart slw-tc DAILY with this efs. In this chart the last 3 candles are white. I would have thought the efs would have changed the colors to black as the other candles are that do not meet the criteria of the candle efs.

Theory is to change the candles green when price is over 9wmaHIGH and to change the candles red when price is Below 9wmaLOW. I would like to set the default color to black. In the past I would have entered this code

setDefaultPriceBarColor(Color.black); in the PreMain and it would have worked. When I do this it seems that it saves it for a few charts and then kicks it out. If I shut down esignal and restart it
    does the same thing. Using esignal 10.0 and wondering if it is the new version or my code?

Any thoughts on how to make the default color black?? I hope this is clear?

Thanks

Pogman
    Attached Files

Re: How to default candles any color?

Pogman
    The white colored candles you describe suggest that in your script there is no default color set for the price bars.
    If you add a setDefaultPriceBarColor(Color.black) statement in preMain() the efs will work correctly
    Alex

PS. Your image is not displaying. You may want to check the link

Originally posted by Pogman
    Hello

I hope the image came through

If not please use chart slw-tc DAILY with this efs. In this chart the last 3 candles are white. I would have thought the efs would have changed the colors to black as the other candles are that do not meet the criteria of the candle efs.

Theory is to change the candles green when price is over 9wmaHIGH and to change the candles red when price is Below 9wmaLOW. I would like to set the default color to black. In the past I would have entered this code

setDefaultPriceBarColor(Color.black); in the PreMain and it would have worked. When I do this it seems that it saves it for a few charts and then kicks it out. If I shut down esignal and restart it
    does the same thing. Using esignal 10.0 and wondering if it is the new version or my code?

Any thoughts on how to make the default color black?? I hope this is clear?

Thanks

Pogman

Comment

Pogman
      Here is the same efs running in eSignal 10.0
      Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

Thanks for your response. Your suggestion is still working today, though in the pasts it kicks out...I will repost when it does.
        the stock below is slw-tc.

But I have another question. When I first load up esignal I get the candles all "filled" as in the image below.

and when I right click on the chart, go to "Edit Studies", then "Apply this". It gives me this image. Which is what I want ALL THE TIME. I want up moves to be hollow color and down moves to be solid colors without clicking on apply this in edit studies.

This is how I have it set up in Edit Studies.

Now the questin is why do I have to always right click on the chart and click on edit studies and apply this. Why is it not doing it automatically so that I can see which candles are up or down.

Any suggestions?

Thanks as always

Pogman

Comment

Pogman

When I first load up esignal I get the candles all "filled" as in the image below....
          ...and when I right click on the chart, go to "Edit Studies", then "Apply this". It gives me this image. Which is what I want ALL THE TIME...
          ...Now the questin is why do I have to always right click on the chart and click on edit studies and apply this. Why is it not doing it automatically so that I can see which candles are up or down.
          This is not an issue related to efs. You need to set the defaults for the candlestick [and/or other] chart types using the Style Templates.
          For information and instructions on Style Templates see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase which also includes a link to a training video
          Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

God that was so simple. I use the style - set default all the time. However, I was not aware that after you make changes such as I have done you have to set the default for each chart that you have open. After having done as you described for each open chart in my layout it worked as I wanted it too for up and down moves.

Thank you so much. You are the best!

Pogman

Comment

Pogman
              You are most welcome
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X