Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PercentR10 Formula w/7-10 cross

Hello,

I'm using a 7 EMA & 10 SMA cross for entry and exits, How would I add "PercentR10" to that formula. I would like to cut down on false signals by adding that if:

Long
    7 EMA > 10 SMA and PercentR10 is between 0 and -50

Short
    7 EMA < 10 SMA and PercentR10 is between -50 and -100

If possible, another signal that whenever RSI values are >= 75 for three time periods and its given me a long signal, it gives me a close position signal. and <=25 in short position.
    (This last signal is just if possible, the first part is a lot more important.)

Thank you.
    Attached Files

mkrajewski
    I believe the attached efs does what you ask.

A couple of notes regarding the efs and the changes made.

• The formula was programmed using the Formula Wizard (FW) only so you can use the FW to edit the efs.
    • You need to be aware that there is a bug in FW that will write the parameter of the PercentR Study in the wrong way when you apply it to the formula. In fact it writes PERECENTR instead of PERCENTR. Once it is corrected though the FW will accept the corrected script.
    • For purposes of testing and posting the image above I changed the parameters of the RSI to 65 and 35. The attached efs however is set to your parameters.
    • When the trade is closed because of the RSI conditions the formula paints the bar that closes the trade in yellow.
    • In my experience when you paint bars with FW it is wise to add a condition that says IF 1==1 (which is another way of saying "always") THEN paint the bar in the default color of your choice. In other words this is akin to using an ELSE condition ie
    "IF this happens THEN paint in red IF that happens THEN paint in green ELSE paint in black". A lot of times if you don't do this you will have bars that do not paint (or paint in white) until the next condition verifies.

Alex
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ACM; 06-01-2003, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Elliot Type I Trade

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your quick response on my last formula. Unfortunately I have another project for you if it’s not too much to ask. I just finished the Advanced GET two day seminar. I loved it and I’m sure I will become a much better trader because of it. I asked Ron Wheeler if I could put some of the things together we learned today to get a signal but he recommended that I post it here, so here we go…

Formula #1
      Long or short signals if:

Advanced GET labels an Elliot Wave 4
      Elliot Oscillator pulls back >90% & <140%
      PTI (Profit Taking Index) above 35
      Wave 4 channels hold.

Formula #2
      Long signals if:

XTL is Bleu or Black
      Stochastic (14,3,3) cross over 25 (Long) with no False Bar
      Fibonacci Retracement doesn’t exceed 61.8%

Short Signal if:

XTL is Red or Black
      Stochastic (14,3,3) cross 75 (Short)
      Fibonacci Retracement doesn’t exceed 61.8%

If I could get these, I’m sure you wouldn’t hear from me for a while. The formulas I was asking for before are so basic compared to these strategies I can back test and use for future trades.

Comment

mkrajewski
        That is beyond what I am available to do.
        You can find some examples of EFS using Get Tools at the following link
        http://forum.esignalcentral.com/foru...?s=&forumid=39
        Also some information regarding EFS functionality for Get Tools can be found in this post
        http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...=4587#post4587
        Alex

Comment

Hello Again Alex,

Well, OK... thanks anyway but would you perhaps know who I can contact to help me in this matter?

My second questions,

I was able to work the number a little more that fit my trading style in the FOREX Market. One very simple formula seems to work well for me but I need a little twicking.

When it gives me a buy signal, it will not give me another one until it first gives me a sell signal. How do I change this so that if I get a "Buy" or "Sell" and after the market recycles and conditions are met again, it gives me another signal either to re-enter or add positions. I seems to lose a lot of signals when perhaps there should have been 3 or 4 buy signals one after another.

And the other thing with this is that I don't get a signal when conditions are met late. What I mean buy that is that I'm looking for 7EMA > 10SMA with a volume value (For exmaple to go long)) but if the volume is not met at the cross it doens't give me the signal, rather I would like it to give me that signal even a few time frames after the cross when volume value is met. Can this be added as well. I'm including the formula which I would like to build on. thanks

And again, if I could get a contact of the person that could help me with the Elliot Type I & II fomrulas?

Thanks again.

Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

mkrajewski

Take a look to the site of Brad Metheny. Read carefully what he can do in case of complex trading Ideas.

Have you got the AGET market scanner subscription? You can add some ideas taking a look to the filters ......

Good luck
            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

I'm sorry, where do I find "Brad Metheny"?

And were you able to help me the basic formula that I just needed those couple of things chaged.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mkrajewski
                I'm sorry, where do I find "Brad Metheny"?

And were you able to help me the basic formula that I just needed those couple of things chaged.

Thanks

Mike
                http://www.ment.com/
                Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Originally posted by fabrizio
                  http://www.ment.com/

in thye post below you'll find Brad's site

Unfortunately, I'm getting into javascript to develop bymeself my efs.. Therefeore I have not such a stock of skills to help . But Brad ( who is a real pro will in a flash, read carefully the meaning of his proposals of complex help will. Or - if you have the patience- someone on this fantastic forum will cxame up with somethiong suitable for you!.

In the meanwhile may I give you a suggestion? Follow with a lot of cdedication and attenmtion the posts of Mr. Alexis Montenegro, Krizia, Jay, Todd , Dloomis and all the others WIZ of this forum. You will learn how to do it on your own faster than you'll ever beleieve it!!!. They are Graet communicators!

Ciao
                  Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

I'm Sorry
                    , I knew iI would Have forgotten somebody,!
                    And in this case a bright and dramatically active fellow: JASON K, from whom I'v learned a great deal of things )and MATT GUNDERSEN ( and thks to whom saved a lot of time !!!!)

Sorry again for the others I'v forgotten....like !!!!
                    Last edited by fabrizio; 06-07-2003, 09:09 AM.
                    Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                    X