Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMA Crossover Signal Duplicating

If anyone can assist..

I have set up an efs study that gives arrow alerts when 2 ema cross over.

The problem I have is that whilst an arrow will appear before the bar is closed, (the live price bar is at point where 2 ema are crossing) it will not dissapear if the bar closes without the ema crossover.

If during the live bar the ema crosses, say down and then up, I will have both a down arrow and an up arrow on the live price bar.

On longer time frames ie 10 minute, the price bar where the 2 ema cross may fluctuate. The emas' may cross several times during this time period BEFORE the bar is closed. In this case I am getting an arrow for each time the ema's cross. Sometimes 4 or5 arrows down and 4 or 5 arrows up, all on the same bar.

I hope that makes sense.!

I quite like the fact that the arrows appear in "real time" whilst the price bar is "live", before it closes, but is there a way for, say the down arrow, to delete itself if the bar on which it showed in real time closes with the ema having crossed back up.

P.S The arrows will "correct" themselves if I refresh the chart

Thx

Swan
    Last edited by swan; 06-02-2003, 06:04 AM.

Forgot the efs..file

Thx

Swan
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Swan,

In order to do what you are asking for we need to add some "else" statements, which the Formula Wizard does not support currently. I've created a modified version of your wizard formula that only draws the arrows at the points where the two EMAs cross and the Alert window will only pop up at the moment the cross becomes true. The Alert window could pop up multiple times during the interval but there will only be one up or down arrow on any bar. Is this what you need?

ema 4.9b arrows.efs
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason K.

thx for the reply.

Regards the pop up alert...I disable this.

I'm not sure I understand what you say, appologies.
        I would like to keep the "multiple" arrow signals during the interval, but I would like for only the arrow that correctly corresponds to where the crossover is at the CLOSE of the bar to be visable ONCE the bar has closed. (or at open of next bar)

I know I can get this (without multiple signals) by including the command setComputeOnClose(); in pre main. But this loses the multiple signals during the interval of the bar..

Interestingly, if I refresh the chart, this clears the multple arrows and leaves me with only the arrow corresponding to the close of the bar..

Just need a way of not having to refresh the chart every bar..

Hope that all makes sense..

I have yet to run the file you scripted, so not sure if it does what I want or not..i'll post back when I run a test if I may.

Thx
        swan

Comment

Jason K

Thank you so much..this does very much what I had in mind.

I am completely new to this formula script writting..on viewing the file via Editor it is beyond me at this stage..

I have tried to open your file via the Formula Wizard but it says it cannot be found..
          "Unable To Parse Formula" box appears.

Is this because of the "else" statement you say is not available in Wizard yet..?

Also the arrows only appear on the last 2 hours of the chart..?
          is this something you wrote into the script.

Any thoughts on this, as to how i can better see how to create the same..

Thx again
          swan
          Last edited by swan; 06-05-2003, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I've tried without success to re-iterate the file ema 4.9b.esf that you kindly posted..

I tried to recreate the same for a MACD study.

I have attached my effort (MACD12.26.9) below and your formula script (entitled ema 4(1).9b jk) for convenience...
            I want the macd file to do the same functions with the arrows as the ema file.

Help appeciated.

thx

swan
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is my MACD file..

thx
              swan
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X