crossing MAs with sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crossing MAs with sound

I am attaching an efs that looks at 3 sma's, 3,13 and 39. I have sounds that are to alert when the 3 crosses above/below the 13, 13 crosses above/below the 39 and 3 crosses above/below the 39.

Here is the problem, I get sounds only when the 3 crosses above the 13 and when the 3 crosses below the 13. I can break this up into 3 different efs's and they work then, but I would think that all three are trying to draw the sma lines on the chart and may slow down the charting.

If someone could please look at this and tell me if you see where I am going wrong, or if it is possible to have all 6 conditions exist in one formula.

Thanks.

ez2njoy
    The attached efs should do what you are asking.
    FWIW you did not attach your efs to your message.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

sorry, thought I had attached it.

here was my efs work.

thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

ez2njoy
        The problem with your formula as I see it is that once the 3ma crosses above or below the 13ma the conditions in either Set1 and Set2 are always true so the efs does not seek to verify the conditions that follow.
        Setting the sound to play only the first time the condition is true does not change the above.
        In my efs instead I create a specific crossover condition for each set so that even if the 3ma is above/below the 13ma when the 13ma crosses the 39ma the condition in Set1 or Set2 are not true hence the efs moves on to verify what other conditions may be applicable.
        Again this is my understanding of how the efs works
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X