Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloading Fomula

Hello,

I like using the Three Bar Breakout formula but I constantly have to right click on the chart and reload the chart. How can I set up my chart to reload the indictors so that I don’t have to reload manually?

Thanks
    Rick

Re: Reloading Fomula

Rick
    You need to post the code (or attach the efs file) of the formula you are using or provide a link to where you downloaded it for someone to be able to determine what the problem may be
    Alex

Originally posted by ttricktt
    Hello,

I like using the Three Bar Breakout formula but I constantly have to right click on the chart and reload the chart. How can I set up my chart to reload the indictors so that I don’t have to reload manually?

Thanks
    Rick

Comment

FWguide3BarBrkOut

The efs is FWguide3BarBrkOut.efs
      Attached Files

Comment

Rick
        That formula is intended for back testing only and not for real time use.
        You would essentially need to rewrite it to be able to use the same exact logic in real time. This would have to be done using the EFS Editor as the Formula Wizard does not have the functionality required to do that.
        As an alternative you could set the formula to run only on completed bars. This would still require you to modify the script however the bulk of the changes can be easily implemented using the Formula Wizard leaving only a couple of minor additions that need to be done with the EFS Editor
        To do this open the efs using the Formula Wizard and modify Set1 as shown in the following image

Then modify Set2 as shown in the following image

Notice that I have removed all the strategy logic and related commands from both Sets.
        At this point save the formula with a name of your choice. Close the Formula Wizard and then open the efs using the EFS Editor (Tools-> EFS-> Editor) and in line 25 of the script add the two lines of code as shown in the following image

The first of the two lines of code instructs the efs to execute only when the bar is completed. The second sets a default color for the price bar when neither condition is true.
        Once you have completed modifying the script save it and load the efs in the chart
        Alex

Originally posted by ttricktt
        Hello,

Thanks
        Rick

Comment

Working...
        X