Formula Wizard Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula Wizard Guide

I have read the Formula Wizard Guide but it does not explain how to use all of the windows in FW. Is there a better manual I can read?

Re: Formula Wizard Guide

halewisjr
    That is the only available manual that I know of. Which windows of the FW are you referring to?
    Alex

Originally posted by halewisjr
    I have read the Formula Wizard Guide but it does not explain how to use all of the windows in FW. Is there a better manual I can read?

Comment

Formula Wazard

When I open a Function Editor window on some of them I can not read all of the discription text and the window will not open more to read all of the text. How do I open to read all of the text? I am looking for an explanation of how to use each item in each Function Editor window. Some are explained but some are note or I can not read all of the text.

I am trying to enter a value into the "stop or limit" window a value of 5% above the current close price but it does not work.

Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by halewisjr; 09-20-2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

halewisjr
        You can view the entire text by increasing the height of the description window. To do that click and drag on the separator line as shown in the enclosed animation
        Alex

When I open a Function Editor window on some of them I can not read all of the discription text and the window will not open more to read all of the text. How do I open to read all of the text? I am looking for an explanation of how to use each item in each Function Editor window. Some are explained but some are note or I can not read all of the text.

I am trying to enter a value into the "stop or limit" window a value of 5% above the current close price but it does not work.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Formula Wizard

Thanks for the reply and I can now open the text.

I have been working on setting up a back test in FW and I am thinking what I am trying to do can not be done in FW. Please let me know if I can do this back text using FW.

I am trying to use FW to write a back test to Go Long when the closing price of a stock today closes is in the top 90% of the price range today.

Then set a Sell limit for a fixed % above the close of today or a fixed $ amount above the close of today. I am not sure if you can do this. The set sell value shows a 0.00 but I do not know how to enter the limit I want.

Then set a Stop limit for a fixed % below the close of today or a fixed $ amount below the close of today.

Thanks for your help and let me know if there is anything I can read to help me with these questions.
          Last edited by halewisjr; 09-20-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Re: Formula Wizard

halewisjr
            Based on the description of what you are trying to do you will need to write the strategy using the EFS Editor as the necessary logic is beyond the capabilities of the Formula Wizard since it requires using global variables and calculations that the Formula Wizard cannot do.
            With regards to reading material you may want to review the Back Testing Tutorials 1-3 which are provided in the Help Guides and Tutorials-> Beginner Tutorials folder of the EFS KnowledgeBase. These tutorials will provide you with most of the information (including detailed code examples) required to set up a back testing strategy
            Also try searching this forum as you may find code examples that are similar enough to the logic you are trying to implement and that you can adapt to your needs with relative ease. In this post for example you can find a script that sets a stop and a target price for use with a strategy..
            Alex

Thanks for the reply and I can now open the text.

I have been working on setting up a back test in FW and I am thinking what I am trying to do can not be done in FW. Please let me know if I can do this back text using FW.

I am trying to use FW to write a back test to Go Long when the closing price of a stock today closes is in the top 90% of the price range today.

Then set a Sell limit for a fixed % above the close of today or a fixed $ amount above the close of today. I am not sure if you can do this. The set sell value shows a 0.00 but I do not know how to enter the limit I want.

Then set a Stop limit for a fixed % below the close of today or a fixed $ amount below the close of today.

Thanks for your help and let me know if there is anything I can read to help me with these questions.

Comment

Working...
            X