horizontal lines with price tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horizontal lines with price tag

I am new to wizard EFS, I tried and failed to accomplish the following efs. Can someone help?

I wish that, when drawing a horizontal line, the price will automatically appear over this line, not only in the right vertical ruler.
    Is it possible with efs?

Thanks
    Dolp

Dolp,

This is possible. After you draw the line do the following...

drawTextAbsolute( 0, [insert y-axis of line here], [and again here], null, null, Text.BOLD | Text.RELATIVETOLEFT, "Arial", 12, 1 );
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

horizontal line features

Dear JayF

Please explain: shall I type in that command line? Or is that line embedded in a efs and may be recalled with an hotkey?

Can you please show me as an example?

Thanks
      Dolphin

Two more questions
      I wish to draw two type of horizontal lines
      - a red solid hor line, (with possibly the price on it) when it is a support line. I would like to point with the mouse in the exact area, then I click CTRL LEFT and the hor red line magically appears, with the price text displayed on it.

- green dotted line when it is a res line: I put the mouse close to my point and then I push SHIFT LEFT CLICK and the green dotted line is automatically drawn.

the 3rd feature I will like to have (too many reuests right?) is
      - as soon a hor line is drawn in one chart window, it must propagate onto all charts with the same symbol

Example: if I draw a hor support line (RED SOLID) on ES U3 30min adv chart, then on any other charts (e.g. ES U3-1min, ES U3-3min) the same line will pop up

It is called linking right?

Thanks and waiting
      Dolph

Comment

Dolph,

My earlier response was relating to a line being added by an EFS (eSignal Formula Script) as opposed to using the Line Bar to draw a horizontal line. Using that drawTextAbsolute function would place a label on the drawn line if it is added to an EFS formula in the right place.

Since there isn't any native way to perform what you are looking for, the best way is to first draw the S/R line using the Horizontal Line Tool on the Line Bar (View --> Line Bar).

Then add a text label with the approximate y-axis value of that line.

Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X