Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Average crossover efs

Hi

With the formula wizard I have created a moving average crossover where the candle corresponding to the crossover is indicated with an arrow.

I would like further confirmation of this movement by waiting for the MA to go another 2.5 (+ or - in value, not in length) then indicating this point with an arrow at that corresponding candle.

Is it possible to do this and where do I start?

Sorry not sure that I have explained myself very well, please let me know if you need further information.

Min

Re: Moving Average crossover efs

Min
    It is possible however you will need to write the formula using the EFS Editor as the necessary logic is beyond the capabilities of the Formula Wizard since it requires using global variables and calculations that the Formula Wizard cannot do.
    If you are looking for an example then you may want to see the script in this post that sets a stop and a target price when entering a trade on a cross over. While that example deals with a strategy you can easily adapt it to do what you are trying to accomplish as the logic is similar.
    Alex

Originally posted by Min
    Hi

With the formula wizard I have created a moving average crossover where the candle corresponding to the crossover is indicated with an arrow.

I would like further confirmation of this movement by waiting for the MA to go another 2.5 (+ or - in value, not in length) then indicating this point with an arrow at that corresponding candle.

Is it possible to do this and where do I start?

Sorry not sure that I have explained myself very well, please let me know if you need further information.

Min

Comment

Working...
    X