Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please for Formula Wizard, very simple questionþ

Its a pretty simple my question.
    I built my own requirement using Formula Wizard, my studies are working.

Where do I put my symbols in order to get pop up triggered alert list?

I assume its under: ....while the following will happen only the first time:
    I add a line.
    Then there is
    Symbol: getSymbol()

What do I need to put in order for it to constantly scan my stock list so that I can get alerts?

For example, I want a pop up alert if AAPL meets those requirements, even though Im not looking at the AAPL chart.

Thank you
    Vince Kott
    Prop Trader

Re: Help please for Formula Wizard, very simple questionþ

Vince
    Keep in mind that EFS allows up to a maximum of 7 external symbols and/or intervals ie symbols and/or intervals that are different from the one plotted in the chart in which the formula is running so you may not be able to use it to create market scans
    To answer your question you would need to define the external symbol in your condition(s) and then in the configuration dialog box for the Alert you would just replace getSymbol() with the symbol related to the condition [see the example in the enclosed screenshot]
    Alex

Originally posted by kottgolf
    Its a pretty simple my question.
    I built my own requirement using Formula Wizard, my studies are working.

Where do I put my symbols in order to get pop up triggered alert list?

I assume its under: ....while the following will happen only the first time:
    I add a line.
    Then there is
    Symbol: getSymbol()

What do I need to put in order for it to constantly scan my stock list so that I can get alerts?

For example, I want a pop up alert if AAPL meets those requirements, even though Im not looking at the AAPL chart.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
    X