How to make alerts in real time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make alerts in real time?

I'm trying to make the AlertMA script that esignal comes with into a real time alert. That is it doesn't wait for a new bar to close above the MA to alert you, it will alert you immediately when it goes above and below the MA. I tried to change BARSTATE_NEWBAR to BARSTATE_CURRENTBAR but that didn't work. I suck at scripting so help would be appreciated thank you.

Here is the script:

/************************************************** **************************************************
    Copyright © eSignal, a division of Interactive Data Corporation. 2006. All rights reserved.
    This sample eSignal Formula Script (EFS) may be modified and saved under a new
    filename; however, eSignal is no longer responsible for the functionality once modified.
    eSignal reserves the right to modify and overwrite this EFS file with each new release.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** */

function preMain() {
    setPriceStudy(true);
    setStudyTitle("Alert MA");
    setCursorLabelName("sma");

var fp1 = new FunctionParameter("nLength", FunctionParameter.NUMBER);
    fp1.setName("Length");
    fp1.setLowerLimit(1);
    fp1.setDefault(10);
    }

var bIsLong = false;
    var bIsShort = false;
    var xMA = null;

function main(nLength) {
    if (xMA == null) xMA = ema(nLength);
    var nState = getBarState();
    var v = ema(nLength, -1);
    if(v == null) return;

if (nState == BARSTATE_CURRENTBAR) {
    if(close(-1) >= v) {
    if(!bIsLong) {
    Alert.addToList(getSymbol(), "Price is >= 10 Bar MA", Color.black, Color.green);
    Alert.playSound("swoosh.wav");
    bIsLong = true;
    bIsShort = false;
    }
    } else {
    if(!bIsShort) {
    Alert.addToList(getSymbol(), "Price is < 10 Bar MA", Color.black, Color.red);
    Alert.playSound("train.wav");
    bIsLong = false;
    bIsShort = true;
    }
    }
    }

return xMA.getValue(0);
    }

Comment

Working...
    X