6x13 MA xover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6x13 MA xover

I am having no luck with the formula wizard trying to create an efs. I'm trying to paint bars green if they are above a 6 and 13 simple MA crossover, red if below and white if both prior conditions aren't met. Can someone help me out?

Brian

Brian
    First you need to better define the conditions as they are not clear. Do you want to:
    a) paint the bar only at the point of 6/13 xover
    b) paint the bars when 6 is above/below 13
    c) paint the bars when prices are above/below 6 AND 13
    Also what do you mean by "bars above/below"? The whole bar? The close only? Other?
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 08-18-2003, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear Alex but I would like to paint all bars above/ below both the 6 and the 13, choice C.

Comment

Brian
        The attached efs should more or less do what you asked.
        It will paint the bars green when the 6ma is above the 13ma AND the whole bar (not just the close) is above the 6ma.
        Conversly it will paint the bar red if the 6ma is below the 13ma AND the whole bar is below the 6ma. All other conditions paint the bars in white.
        If instead you just need the close to be above/below the 6ma to trigger the condition open the efs with Formula Wizard and modify Set1 and Set2 using close instead of low and high respectively.
        Alex

Attached Files
        Last edited by ACM; 08-18-2003, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much Alex ! It works great. I'll study this for clues to what I was doing wrong before.

Comment

Working...
          X