CL vs. NG spread study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL vs. NG spread study

I need assistance in creating an indicator that looks at Crude vs. Nat Gas...converted into nat gas prices.
    Basically you need to take the last price in CL, divided by 5.8 (which converts the crude price into mmbtu's) then subtract that price by the last price of NG.
    So, (CL/5.8)-NG = x

I appreciate any help. This is the first time I have ever heard of Javascript and aim to learn it.

John Nelson

John
    I think you can do that without an efs. As a symbol use
    0.1724CL V3 -NG V3
    (note the space before the operator and none after)
    That should plot the spread to which you can then apply all the analysis you want
    Alex

Comment

Alexis, thank you for the reply. I see what you did and really like it. So I need to create several intervals to look at it from a daily, weekly or 5 minute perspective?
      Will these update live?

You just opened up a whole new world for me.

John Nelson

Comment

John
        Yes, if you want to have all those charts readily available otherwise just change the interval on the same chart and they will update in real time.
        I would suggest that you apply to the chart(s) a Time Template for the shorter of the trading hours IF they are different (I don't know if NG has different trading hours than CL). This way you are ensured that the spread is true only when both markets are trading.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X