Unusual Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Volume

Is there an efs that lets you add a column that calculate the day volumee by the average daily volume over a period of time. I want to be able to vary the period as I see fit. I know there is already unusual volume built in that compares the volume to the 65 day MA of volume, but I would like to vary the number of days for calculating the evrage volume. Thanks for your help.

Ahmed
    Assuming I understood you correctly you do not need an efs to do that and can accomplish the task using the study on study functionality available with the built-in studies. See the eSignal KnowledgeBase for more information
    Alex

Originally posted by Ahmed Elneweihi View Post
    Is there an efs that lets you add a column that calculate the day volumee by the average daily volume over a period of time. I want to be able to vary the period as I see fit. I know there is already unusual volume built in that compares the volume to the 65 day MA of volume, but I would like to vary the number of days for calculating the evrage volume. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Can you please give me more guidance. I meant I want to divide the day volume by the average volume over a period of time that I can specify. For example, divide the day volume by the simple average volume over the last 25 or 50 or 100 days. where can I find this in the knowledgeBase? I mean what are the words I should put in the search?

Comment

Ahmed
        As I understand it you are trying to determine when the daily volume exceeds its average [of a length defined by you] by a certain percentage.
        If that is the case then you can use the Volume study and then apply to it the Envelope study using the built-in study on study functionality since the basis line of the Envelope study is non other than an average and the bands of the envelope are the values at a user defined percentage above and below that average (you would only use the upper band and possibly the basis line on your chart and/or watch list). Once you have done that you can also set alerts on Volume crossing the upper band which is IOW when Volume exceeds its average by a pre-determined percentage amount.
        All of the above without the need of writing a single line of code.
        See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase on how to use the study on study functionality. FYI I found the article by searching the Kb for the term “study on study”
        Alex

Originally posted by Elneweihi View Post
        Can you please give me more guidance. I meant I want to divide the day volume by the average volume over a period of time that I can specify. For example, divide the day volume by the simple average volume over the last 25 or 50 or 100 days. where can I find this in the knowledgeBase? I mean what are the words I should put in the search?

Comment

Working...
        X