Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal 10.6 Formula Wizard efs study crashing eSignal 12

Hi,
    Using the eSignal 10.6 Formula Wizard, I created a very simple study that draws a vertical line the First Time my criteria are met. When I try to run this study in eSignal 12, it will not even load into the chart and it freezes eSignal 12. The only way forward is to force a shutdown of eSignal 12 using the Windows 7 "close the program" option, and then start up signal 12 again. It is the only study I am having this issue with. Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks,
    Paul

//{{EFSWizard_Description
    //
    // This formula was generated by the Alert Wizard
    //
    //}}EFSWizard_Description

//{{EFSWizard_Declarations
    var vSMA3 = new MAStudy(3, 0, "Close", MAStudy.SIMPLE);
    var vLastAlert = -1;
    //}}EFSWizard_Declarations

function preMain() {
    /**
    * This function is called only once, before any of the bars are loaded.
    * Place any study or EFS configuration commands here.
    */
    //{{EFSWizard_PreMain
    setPriceStudy(true);
    setStudyTitle("Close vs 3 SMA Trend - First Bar Line");
    //}}EFSWizard_PreMain

}

function main() {
    /**
    * The main() function is called once per bar on all previous bars, once per
    * each incoming completed bar, and if you don't have 'setComputeOnClose(true)'
    * in your preMain(), it is also called on every tick.
    */

//{{EFSWizard_Expressions
    //{{EFSWizard_Expression_1
    if (
    close() > vSMA3.getValue(MAStudy.MA)
    ) onAction1()
    //}}EFSWizard_Expression_1

//{{EFSWizard_Expression_2
    else if (
    close() < vSMA3.getValue(MAStudy.MA)
    ) onAction2();
    //}}EFSWizard_Expression_2

//}}EFSWizard_Expressions

//{{EFSWizard_Return
    return null;
    //}}EFSWizard_Return

}

function postMain() {
    /**
    * The postMain() function is called only once, when the EFS is no longer used for
    * the current symbol (ie, symbol change, chart closing, or application shutdown).
    */
    }

//{{EFSWizard_Actions
    //{{EFSWizard_Action_1
    function onAction1() {
    if (vLastAlert != 1) drawLineRelative(-1, 0, -1, 999999, PS_DOT, 2, Color.RGB(50,205,50), "UT");
    removeLine("DT");
    vLastAlert = 1;
    }
    //}}EFSWizard_Action_1

//{{EFSWizard_Action_2
    function onAction2() {
    if (vLastAlert != 2) drawLineRelative(-1, 0, -1, 999999, PS_DOT, 2, Color.red, "DT");
    removeLine("UT");
    vLastAlert = 2;
    }
    //}}EFSWizard_Action_2

//}}EFSWizard_Actions

Paul
    The script in and of itself is working in version 12 as you can see in the following screenshot

That said I do know there is an issue caused by the rendering of any pen style other than PS_SOLID so I would suggest that you replace the one used in the script to that
    Alex

Originally posted by TURLIES View Post
    Hi,
    Using the eSignal 10.6 Formula Wizard, I created a very simple study that draws a vertical line the First Time my criteria are met. When I try to run this study in eSignal 12, it will not even load into the chart and it freezes eSignal 12. The only way forward is to force a shutdown of eSignal 12 using the Windows 7 "close the program" option, and then start up signal 12 again. It is the only study I am having this issue with. Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks,
    Paul

//{{EFSWizard_Description
    //
    // This formula was generated by the Alert Wizard
    //
    //}}EFSWizard_Description

//{{EFSWizard_Declarations
    var vSMA3 = new MAStudy(3, 0, "Close", MAStudy.SIMPLE);
    var vLastAlert = -1;
    //}}EFSWizard_Declarations

function preMain() {
    /**
    * This function is called only once, before any of the bars are loaded.
    * Place any study or EFS configuration commands here.
    */
    //{{EFSWizard_PreMain
    setPriceStudy(true);
    setStudyTitle("Close vs 3 SMA Trend - First Bar Line");
    //}}EFSWizard_PreMain

}

function main() {
    /**
    * The main() function is called once per bar on all previous bars, once per
    * each incoming completed bar, and if you don't have 'setComputeOnClose(true)'
    * in your preMain(), it is also called on every tick.
    */

//{{EFSWizard_Expressions
    //{{EFSWizard_Expression_1
    if (
    close() > vSMA3.getValue(MAStudy.MA)
    ) onAction1()
    //}}EFSWizard_Expression_1

//{{EFSWizard_Expression_2
    else if (
    close() < vSMA3.getValue(MAStudy.MA)
    ) onAction2();
    //}}EFSWizard_Expression_2

//}}EFSWizard_Expressions

//{{EFSWizard_Return
    return null;
    //}}EFSWizard_Return

}

function postMain() {
    /**
    * The postMain() function is called only once, when the EFS is no longer used for
    * the current symbol (ie, symbol change, chart closing, or application shutdown).
    */
    }

//{{EFSWizard_Actions
    //{{EFSWizard_Action_1
    function onAction1() {
    if (vLastAlert != 1) drawLineRelative(-1, 0, -1, 999999, PS_DOT, 2, Color.RGB(50,205,50), "UT");
    removeLine("DT");
    vLastAlert = 1;
    }
    //}}EFSWizard_Action_1

//{{EFSWizard_Action_2
    function onAction2() {
    if (vLastAlert != 2) drawLineRelative(-1, 0, -1, 999999, PS_DOT, 2, Color.red, "DT");
    removeLine("UT");
    vLastAlert = 2;
    }
    //}}EFSWizard_Action_2

//}}EFSWizard_Actions

Comment

Hi Alex,

Quote: "That said I do know there is an issue caused by the rendering of any pen style other than PS_SOLID so I would suggest that you replace the one used in the script to that"

That's the issue! I have another script that's running ok in eSignal 12 that produces the same end result (draws a "Solid Vertical Line" the First Time my criteria is met). Last week I went into the script editor to simply change the line to PS_DASH and it crashed eSignal. Since then I have been troubleshooting this by testing all sorts of potential solutions, and one of them was creating the above study (which I wanted anyway) from new in eSignal 10.6.

I would still like the line to be displayed in a Dash or Dot format. Do you know who I need to contact at eSignal for an update on this (I contacted LiveRep this morning and they directed me to the Forum)?

Thanks,
      Paul

Comment

Paul
        To my knowledge eSignal developers are already aware of this. As I understand it the issue is in the rendering engine and it is not a simple or quick fix [in as much as it does not depend entirely on eSignal] so at this time you will have to use the solid style
        Alex

Hi Alex,

Quote: "That said I do know there is an issue caused by the rendering of any pen style other than PS_SOLID so I would suggest that you replace the one used in the script to that"

That's the issue! I have another script that's running ok in eSignal 12 that produces the same end result (draws a "Solid Vertical Line" the First Time my criteria is met). Last week I went into the script editor to simply change the line to PS_DASH and it crashed eSignal. Since then I have been troubleshooting this by testing all sorts of potential solutions, and one of them was creating the above study (which I wanted anyway) from new in eSignal 10.6.

I would still like the line to be displayed in a Dash or Dot format. Do you know who I need to contact at eSignal for an update on this (I contacted LiveRep this morning and they directed me to the Forum)?

Thanks,
        Paul

Comment

ok. Thanks for your help Alex.

Comment

Paul
            You are welcome
            Alex

ok. Thanks for your help Alex.

Comment

Working...