Bollinger calculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bollinger calculation

I am looking for an efs that will calculate the spread between the Bollinger Bands and display this calculation.

Does anyone know where there might exist a formula?

BB is based on the standard deviation of a moving average. The difference is simply the standard deviation used time 2.

Comment

ez2njoy,

In the latest version of eSignal (v7.4, maybe earlier) there is already an indicator for that. Look in Formulas/Bollinger/Bandwidth.efs. I just started using it myself recently.
      Later,
      drd1

Comment

no mig, the bands expand and contract.

I want to be able to see the numberical difference between the bands as the do this throughout the day.

I look for wide band difference for setups and would like to know what that difference is at a glance rather than reading the values off of the chart and quickly doing the math.

Comment

Check this out, I think the efs you want is in there.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...ight=bollinger

Comment

ok, I changed the standard BB Bandwidth formula to get what I wanted.

Thanks all.

I am attaching the efs.
            Attached Files

Comment

I note from this formula graph that a change in Underlying trend occurs with a change in slope of the graph.

Could you suggest a formula script or adder that would alert you of a change in slope of BB difference graph

Thanks

PBC

Comment

Working...
              X