Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermometer

Hi Alex
    i have been trying to install the thermometer you desighned and I saw somewhere that you have to have the OHLC efs installed in the OHLC directory - which I have done - and still I keep getting syntax errors.
    Thanks ,
    Graham Davis

Graham
    You need to have getTodayOHLC1.efs that you can download here and that needs to be placed in the OHLC folder.
    That aside what syntax error are you getting?
    Alex

Comment

thrmometer reply

Alexis,
      the syntax error says cannot find ohlc on line 37 - BUT
      i just reloaded the GETTODAYOHLC.efs file to the ohlc folder and it;s there.
      Graham

Comment

Perhaps you had a typo, but Alwx said getTodayOHLC1.efs was the correct file and you said you used getTodayOHLC.efs - which are not the same.

Comment

Graham
          Please note that you need getTodayOHLC1.efs not getTodayOHLC.efs
          Alex

Comment

reply thermometer

well guys - i have the gettodayohlc1.efs and a couple of other ohlc files in there.

Comment

??? next

Alexis,
              do you think that i should reinstall my esignal program.?
              if it comes down to that - my only worry is the computer that i use to trade at work has 4 moniters and i have spent a long time getting the layout just right. I wouldnt know how to keep the windows and all the indicatorsa and clors the same. Almost all the windows (charts) are outside the main window. the comuter that im on now is a laptop - so im not too concered with the actuall setup. Oh -by the way - I was having the exact same response with the computer at my office as on this laptop.
              Thanks,
              Graham

Comment

Graham
                Before reinstalling check the message in this thread in which Jason posted a link to a copy of getTodayOHLC1.efs that is in another location.
                See if that makes a difference.
                Alex

Comment

Thermometer not updating

Has anyone seen an issue where the thermometer in my 3 min chart worked fine day before yesterday, but yesterday would not update, remained fixed where it was on Tuesday, even when i reloaded it or deleted and reinstalled. Had same problem on two other 5 min charts in different window but two others worked fine.

Puzzling to say the least!!

Comment

Graham (and Alexis)

I loaded the thermometer also recently and couldn't see it at first UNTIL I scrolled the chart back a couple of bars - the thermometer shows on the right of the last price so if you have the Last price set tight up against the Right hand margin you wont see the thermometer until you move the chart back...

best wishes

Veda

Comment

Veda

right click on the adv chart, properties, offsett, 2

then slide the chart to the right about 10 bars (so the thermometer disappears)and click on the arrow in the lower right corner.

Comment

A few days ago I developed a thermomter for minute, volume and tick bars.

There has been a review process by a few hardy souls and it appears ready for prime time. See attached.

Let me know if you have any issues and I see what I can do to fix them.
                        Attached Files

Comment

first of all - i have had visability to the right of the chart. That is not the problem. Now there are 2 kinds of thermometers im dealing with : Loomis's - is sort of working - i think. its basically a white line (vertical) with a # in percentage of how much of the current bar is complete.
                          I whould like to ask Loomis is you would provide a screen shot of your chart with a properly working thermometer.
                          Now to Alexis : the thermometer you designed is definetily not working at all. I downloaded the 7.5 beta and installed that - no improvment - so....
                          Graham

Comment

dloomis, alexis and others skilled at coding,

This thread about a thermometer has got me thinking....I think it was the red/green thermometer that reminded me of an hour glass with the sand slipping through it!

It would be fabulous to have a little "time thermometer" or clock/timer that shows the number of seconds left in the minute. I don't know about any of you but I often find myself in the position of getting a signal bar forming on a 1-minute or a 5-minute chart that requires a trade entry as soon as the next bar begins.

So it would be terrific if you could see a little timer in seconds counting down to the top of the minute so you could have your trade entry software all lined up and ready to fire.

Any ideas on how it could be done?

Veda

Comment

Veda

send me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you a file to try, then I'll post it here.

Comment

Working...
                              X