Group Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Alert

I wish to write Moving Average trading system (SMA 13) efs routine to check when any of the stocks in my porfolio (8 stocks) generates buy signal (price crossing SMA13 from below) or sell signal (price crossing SMA13 from above). So far, I have done that using only one symbol. Attempts to use array to achieve this does not work. CAN ANYONE HELP by giving me pointers?

Many thanks.

Malinze.

There is an inherent EFS symbol limit of 5 symbols, so scanning 8 symbols with only one EFS would be out of the question. My best suggestion is to use 8 charts each with their own formula looking to alert you of the MA crosses. You can even minimize the charts, and they should still work fine.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay,
      I thought, the chart must be active to generate a signal(alert). I certainly would do as you have suggested.

By the way, if it can be done, I am still interested in knowing how to use array to scan stocks up to the inherent limit(5) you mentioned or less ie using the MA crossover technique to generate the alert.)

Once again thanks.

Malinze

Comment

Malinze,

I'm unsure how this could be done. main() is run once per bar, and then once per trade after reaching the last bar. You would need to create an array of prices for each symbol, and then divide by the size of the array to creates the MA's. The hard part is sync'ing the arrays to match when the actual trades took place on the symbols other then the active symbol on the chart.

In theory, this may be able to be pulled off, but I wouldn't be able to code it... but it's certainly beyond my ability.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

JayF,

Thanks for your suggestion. It has done exactly what I have always wanted (multiple alerts on multiple symbols). I will stick to that.

Regards,

Malinze.

Comment

Working...
          X