Can't restrict Min/Max non-price study values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't restrict Min/Max non-price study values

I keep trying to restrict my Min/Max values on my EFS Wizard Formula, but it won't apply to my project... I'm trying to draw 2 signal lines from different MACD's...

Also, how do I draw a solid black line at the zero value?

Thanks!

RX

RX
    The attached efs was created using only the Formula Wizard and shows you how to set Min/Max values in your non price study and add a line at 0 value.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot Alex... I was able to modify to incorporate the min/max value... is there a way to set a percentage maximum / percentage minimum?

Example - if the value on a day chart is max at 100, but only 10 on a 1 hr chart, the 1 hr chart becomes difficult to read... what would be best is to restrict it to a percentage plus (say, 125%) of the "screen" max/min...

RX

Comment

RX
        There probably is a way but I doubt it can be done using just the Formula Wizard.
        Alex

Comment

Thanks again, Alex... I think I have figured it out at some level...

What's an example that would call the highest value of an oscillator in the last, say, 200 bars?

If I could get this value, I could elect to restrict the values accordingly by comparing the highest and negative value of the lowest...

Thx,

RX

Comment

RX
            Not sure this is the most efficient code but here is one way of doing it (in the example the CCI is used as the study)
            The script looks back 200 bars for the highest and lowest values then adds 20 percent to those and sets the StudyMin and Max accordingly.
            Alex
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ACM; 10-13-2003, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Alex...

Took a look, but not as proficient at JavaScript... I'm a "formula crutch" writer at present... am attempting to digest and amend my wizard code, but am getting a lot of errors...

Is there a specific library function I could call and paste into the wizard?

Learning - slowly...

Regards,

RX

Comment

RX
                No there is no such function available that you can use in Formula Wizard.
                However in the example I posted the relevant section of code is virtually self contained and can be copied as is into another efs using the Editor. The only change that will be needed is to the study that is referenced to determnine the min/max settings for the window.
                Once you have completed your efs using the Formula Wizard we can paste this section into it.
                Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex...

I'm sorry to be so slow... I just can't seem exactly what I'm supposed to cut / paste from this EFS to my EFS...

I've had some success by setting the max/min to the high/low "get value" function... that's solved some of the lower values from being "squished", but I can't seem to "center it up" by:

Setting the Hi AND Low range to the larger number of the positive value, or the negative value... my possibilities include negative numbers... even then, if I can get it to work this way, I'd like to covert the entire range to a percentage, with the bottom being 0 percent, and the top being 100 percent...

I'm getting there!

Really appreciate all that you do for us here in the forum...

Sincerely yours,

RX

Comment

Working...
                  X