multiple studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple studies

Using Formula Wizard, how do I combine multiple studies into one? Applying separate studies to a chart causes the symbols to overlap -- some are hidden. For instance, how do you combine a moving average crossover with an RSI over 50 and a Momentum above 0. I currently have them saved as separate formulas.

kburton
    It depends what you are trying to do.
    If you want to have all the studies in one formula and plot at the same time in the price window and in an indicator window you cannot do that with efs.
    If instead you want to have all the studies in one formula and use the combined conditions to provide signals then that is possible.
    Attached is an example of the latter using two simple moving averages (5 and 10 periods), a standard length RSI and Momentum. The formula was created using only the Formula Wizard which can be used to view/edit the construct and the parameters. The bars are painted green when the 5MA is above the 10MA, the RSI is above 50 and Momentum is above 0 and they are painted red when the opposite condition is true. In all other conditions the price bars are painted black. No Data Points are returned.
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Do you want the Ma crossover to be based on the RSI or the actual stock symbol? Please provide the efs's you are refering too so I can look at them. Here is a RSI with an MA in it that can be modified.

Let me know.

Fibbgann
      Attached Files
      Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Can be modified to look like this, I would stick with Alex's idea. "Alex the Guru!" lol. I am just a little helper.

Fibbgann
        Attached Files
        Last edited by FibbGann; 11-29-2003, 11:13 AM.
        Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'multiple studies'

> If you want to have all the studies in one formula and plot at the same
          time in the price window and in an indicator window you

You can do this with two efs, of course.

>

Comment

Details!

This is exactly what I'm trying to do! Can you show me how you did it in Formula Wizard? I still don't know whether to put all conditions in one set, or to layer set1, set2, set 3 etc. Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
            kburton
            If you want to have all the studies in one formula and plot at the same time in the price window and in an indicator window you cannot do that with efs.
            If instead you want to have all the studies in one formula and use the combined conditions to provide signals then that is possible.
            Attached is an example of the latter using two simple moving averages (5 and 10 periods), a standard length RSI and Momentum. The formula was created using only the Formula Wizard which can be used to view/edit the construct and the parameters. The bars are painted green when the 5MA is above the 10MA, the RSI is above 50 and Momentum is above 0 and they are painted red when the opposite condition is true. In all other conditions the price bars are painted black. No Data Points are returned.
            Alex

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'multiple studies'

KBurton

I believe Alex attached an efs to show how he did, see

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/atta...=&postid=26615

>

Comment

kburton
                As David already pointed out I did attach an efs to my original reply.
                Open the efs with the Formula Wizard and you should see three Sets. Set1 sets the conditions to paint the bars in lime, Set2 sets the conditions for the red bars and Set3 just sets an "always true" condition (ie 1==1) to paint the bars in black.
                If you have any further questions just ask
                Alex

Comment

thanks

Much thanks. The downloaded file explained just what I needed to understand.
                  --Kburton

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                  kburton
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X