moving average of a user defined variable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving average of a user defined variable

I'm using the EFS Wizard to plot a local variable that is a function of the OHLC of each bar, but not one available as "pricesource." I want to also plot the moving average of that local variable, but the Wizard only allows moving average arguments that are other defined eSignal Studies or defined "pricesources." How do I plot maStudy(pricesource), where pricesource is user defined?

As an addendum, I want the new moving average to plot in the same pane as the OHLC Bars. It's basically a smoothed envelope based on a proprietary measure of the intraday volatility of the equity.
    Last edited by Bonaventure; 01-26-2004, 12:06 PM.

Re: Reply to post 'moving average of a user defined variable'

As an addendum, I want the new moving average to plot in the same pane as
    the OHLC Bars. It's basically a smoothed envelope based on the intraday
    volatility.

Mike

----- Original Message -----
    To: <[email protected]>
    Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 11:40 AM
    Subject: Reply to post 'moving average of a user defined variable'

> Hello Bonaventure,
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

Comment

Bonaventure
      At this time the Formula Wizard cannot use a data series or price source that is user defined. You will need to code the MA using the Editor.
      Alex

Comment

How do you code the MA of the user defined variable?

Comment

Is this possible to do this in eSignal 8 now?

Comment

bf2
            If you are asking whether it is possible to write studies based on custom variables using the Formula Wizard then that is not currently possible. It needs to be done using the Editor however this task has been greatly simplified by the functions available with EFS2 (which is the second iteration of the EFS language released with eSignal 7.9).
            You can find some examples of studies on studies created using EFS2 in this thread.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X