Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back testing formula

Hello,

I have a formula I put together using the Wizard, however; I think it's only a good start. I don't know how to add or use properly the Strategy including Limits and Stops and all that.

I have included my file and look for assistance in finishing it, so that I can use the back testing feature and see how successful it would be.

In my formula, it only triggers the entry, and I need to add an exit for the back testing to work I'm sure. Here is what I would like to add to start.

Long: if 3 EMA(close) > 89 SMA (high)
    Exit Long: if 3 EMA(close) < 15 SMA (close) for profit
    Or 3 EMA(close) < 89 SMA (low) for loss

Short: if 3 EMA(close) < 89 SMA (low)
    Exit Short: 3 EMA(close) > 15 SMA (close)
    Or 3 EMA(close) < 89 SMA (high) for loss

I have half of this done already but I would love for someone to help me finish it up. The main thing I'm trying to accomplish is to back test this formula.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

premiere4
    The attached efs should do what you asked.
    It was programmed using only the Formula Wizard which you can use to view/edit the script.
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Not sure what happen, I appreciate you getting me this help so quickly but it seems like there could be a flaw somewhere in my formula.

Looking visually, I can tell that I would be profitable yet it's coming out totally opposite in the backtesting portion.

Let me give the specs again and see what we need to adjust in that formula:

Enter Long: 3 EMA > 89 SMA (High) Only enter once, initially when it crosses over.

Stop: 3 EMA < 89 SMA (Low) This is in minimize loss in case it turns right around
      Limit: 3 EMA < 15 SMA (Close) This is only once position is profitable

Enter Short: 3 EMA < 89 SMA (Low) Only enter once, initially when it crosses over.

Stop: 3 EMA > 89 SMA (High) This is in minimize loss
      Limit: 3 EMA > 15 SMA (Close) This is only once it's profitable

Perhaps you can help me with this again Alex.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

premiere4
        Try the attached revision of the efs.
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X