Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i set audible alerts

Hi,

Was wondering how i can set audible alerts for formula/wizard/alerts and get rid of the popup?
    any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Juice

juiceman,

Using the Formula Wizard, under the section that says:

"The following will happen the first time ..."

just click on 'Add Line', and select 'playSound' under the 'Alert' heading on the left column.

You can fill out the rest as needed, to determine when the sound should be played.

That's it =).

Comment

First thanks for quick response, real nice late on on friday. Just a few follow up questions. When i put it under happen first time does that mean it will only happen once through-out day or everytime criteria met. What im setting is a audible alert for when stoch gets to 95 or 5 and would like it to work all day. Also how do i get rid of popup? And i would like to add that was so easy to do.

Thanks again for the help

Juice
      Last edited by juicemann2; 02-07-2003, 07:50 PM.

Comment

is there a line that says

Alert.addToList(getSymbol(), "yyy", Color.RGB(0,0,0), Color.RGB(195,0,0))

just put // in front of it and it turns into a comment, and will not execute.

Comment

JM2, this thread describes how to set up sound alerts the way you want them:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...=&threadid=674

Here's a summary:

For a PlaySound alert in Formula Wizard:

"Everytime" means that the sound plays on every tick that the formula condition is met. If the condition is met for every tick in a 1 min. bar, then the sound will play constantly for the entire minute. If the condition is met constantly for several minute bars, then the sound will play constantly for those several minutes.

"The first time" means that the sound plays only once on the first tick of the formula condition being met. If the formula has 2 conditions, once the condition of Set1 is met and the sound plays, the sound alert will not play again for a Set1 alert until the condition of Set 2 is first met. So if the Set1 condition is met in one bar, the alert sounds, but will not sound again if the alert condition is met again in the next or future bars (until the Set2 alert is met, then the Set1 alert can trigger again).

To modify a formula to PlaySound once in each and every bar that meets the condition (so that in a series of consecutive bars, an alert will occur in each bar):

For any Wizard formula with PlaySound alerts, to get the alert behavior of once per bar, add these three lines after function main() {, and before the first //{{EFSWizard Expression:

if (getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
          vLastAlert = -1;
          }

Everything else remains the same.

Comment

thanks all for the help

I dont know if im doing something wrong but i can't get the alert to play anything but a ding. Also im trying to add some alert sounds to sound file but they dont show up in sounds when i look under wizard. Not a major problem if i could just get it to play something besides ding.

Tanks again for all your help,

Juice

Comment

When you load the Function Editor to set the parameters for Alert.playSound(), just select a different file from the right-hand side. Highlight the current file name and you should see a [...] button, click on that, and select the file that you want.

Comment

Working...
              X