• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stop loss and limit orders on simple .efs strategy

Leo - See if this helps
    Attached Files

Leo,

This may not be right either but it is a close I am going to get without a lot of debugging.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'stop loss and limit orders on simple .efs strategy'

David
      I have tried running the efs and it is not giving any signals.
      That aside, if I understood Leopold's strategy correctly, he wants the entry
      to be on the Open of the next bar.
      It looks like you set it to the current bar.
      Alex

Note: This message is referring to the first iteration of the efs
      Last edited by ACM; 02-17-2003, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Well, at least this one trades on the open of the next bar and made $4,100 with only 59 trades in 10 days on a 5min ES #F chart.

This backtesting is kinda slick.
        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Re: Reply to post 'stop loss and limit orders on simple .efs strategy''

third iteration made 4100 on 59 trades on a 5 min es #f chart, not bad.

----- Original Message -----
          To: <[email protected]>
          Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 6:03 PM
          Subject: Reply to post 'Re: Reply to post 'stop loss and limit orders on
          simple .efs strategy''

> Hello dloomis,
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          >

Comment

David,

Is this a system you are working on? Just playing around with the Formula Wizard?

Simple idea though a 5/13 MA cross over.

m.
            Matt Gundersen

Comment

This is strange.
              If I open the the third iteration of the efs with the Editor I can see that the conditions are there, but if I open it with FW the conditions disappear (see attached).
              Alex
              Attached Files

Comment

David
                I think one of Leopold's intial conditions (in bold below) is still missing.
                If 5ema>13ema & Close<13ema Buy at next bar Open
                If 5ema<13ema & Close >13ema Sell at next bar Open
                Alex

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for your prompt response. I never thought that I would get such kind of cooperation on a Sunday afternoon.

The .efs formula is definitely getting better, it is not the simple 10 lines script posted on Yahoo groups anymore.

Perhaps I am confused with the new script but I miss the following instructions on LeoS.efs:

1) It is a price close below or under 13 EMA what activates an order, not the EMA cross over itself. In fact, EMA 13 position Vs. EMA 5 is only a precondition. Seems to me that the script only recognizes EMA crossover.

2) Ok, with the stop loss orders 0.0050 away from entry point. That seems to work fine but I can't find the limit orders 1.0000 away from entry point anywhere.

3) The formula is not designed to always have an order open in the market. Whenever the stop loss or limit order of previous trade gets hit the system must wait to validate all conditions before entering the market again.

Once again thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

Leopoldo

Comment

Working...
                  X