This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get an alert

How can I get an audio/visual alert when the price touches the lower OR upper channel of the linear reg channel ("Basic Studies/ Linear Regression")? First touch only.
    Thank you for your help!

TraderBambu

What are your requirements for a reset?

retouch the mid line? Retouch the other side?

If you define that, maybe you'll get some takers, er I mean helpers.

Comment

Only one signal for the same bar. E.g: we are watching a 1-minute bar. We get the first signal when the price first touches the upper (or lower) channel. Price keeps jumping up/down during the same bar (no new audio alert). A new bar prints: if the price touches again the channel - we'd get a (one-time) audio alert). thxs

Comment

TraderBambu
        The attached efs should paint a bar blue and sound a ding the first time the high touches the Upper Lin Reg and resets when the high comes back below it.
        Same for Lower Lin Reg except using Low as price and magenta as color for the bar.
        The setting for the length of the Linear Regression is the Default ie 0
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

I like the onAction3 step, very clever.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'How to get an alert'

Well it may be clever (and thank you for the compliment btw) but the efs
            does not seem to work properly at my end.
            Alex

Comment

TraderBambu
              I think I have it working the way it should in this second iteration.

As requested by you in your PM the Linear Regression (LR) is set for 64 bars length. Only the Upper and Lower channels are plotted and are set for 2pt thickness.

The bars will paint blue and a ding will sound every time the high crosses the upper LR and then comes back under it OR the low is crosses the lower LR and then goes back above it. All other bars are black.
              Std Dev is set to 2

If you want to change any of these parameters the best way is to use the Formula Wizard itself that was used to create this efs in the first place.
              Just open the Formula Wizard and select to open an existing formula. The settings are very straightforward to identify and change.
              There is one caveat. You requested the option to calculate the LR based on HLC/3.
              This also can be done through the FW but there is a bug where the FW then writes the HLC/3 in the wrong way
              Note Dion is aware of this and will eventually correct it but the problem remains at this time
              Having said that you could use the FW to set the price to HLC/3 (or any variation allowed by the FW) but then you would need to go into Editor to correct the formula. Not difficult by any means just a bit tedious.

Hope this helps

Alex
              Attached Files

Comment

Reg Channel Alert

Hi Alexis,

The chart on the left is the new one (your second version) - losing the parallels. The one on the right is the original eSignal version ("Basic Studies/Linear regression). Something is not good. Thxs for your help.
                Attached Files

Comment

TraderBambu
                  Yes I noticed that myself after a while I had it running.
                  If at any time you actually right click the chart and Reload the efs the distorted channels will snap to the correct plot and align themselves to the ones of the Study after which they start drifting again.
                  I have asked Dion to give a look at why this is happening.
                  Alex
                  Last edited by ACM; 02-22-2003, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Just a 411 here - want to let everyone know that we can see this too and are working on a fix.
                    Matt Gundersen

Comment

Just checking in: any hope to solve this issue? Thank you. TB

Comment

TraderBambu

Here is a revised version of the linreg.efs that fixes the problems described earlier in this thread.

To run this efs correctly you may need the latest eSignal beta (build 564) which is now available in the Beta 7.2 group at FileShare as ws564.zip
                        The ws564.zip file contains two files (dbcapi.dll and winsig.exe) that substitute the existing ones in your eSignal folder so it is suggested that you rename the originals and back them to a safe place.
                        Also, you must have eSignal 7.2 build 544 installed before updating to the beta.

Please read the release notes text file contained in ws564.zip as it provides a modification necessary to take full advantage of some of the new features of this release.

Alex

PS. A brief explanation on how to modify some of the parameters is contained in the efs itself at the top of the file.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by ACM; 03-12-2003, 08:19 AM.

Comment

TraderBambu

Attached is the same version of the efs as in the prior message except that in this variant the formula plots only the upper and lower channels and the thickness of the lines is set to 2pts.

Alex
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ACM; 03-12-2003, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Thank you! Good job!!

TB

Comment

love it

Nice formula, I had old one but the reload part was a drag. Glad it's all fixed and thanks for sharing your time with all of us. I have a friend that d/l it and appreciates it too.

Thanks again,

Juice
                              Last edited by juicemann2; 03-20-2003, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X