Possible Editor Save Formula bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Editor Save Formula bug

When the FW is in Add A Line mode, the Formula Editor Save As icon goes grey, even if it is possible to re-save the formula.

The re-save function seems to work even though the icon is grey.

David
    Are you sure it is the Save As and not the Save icon that is grayed out?
    If it were the Save then that should be correct as you can still Save As but not Save until you apply a change.
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 02-21-2003, 09:28 PM.

Comment

The Save Formula icon os the third from the left - that is the one that goes grey even though there are changes available for saving - when the Add Line function is active in the FW.

Guess I mispoke in my earlier post.

edit follows

When the FW is in Add A Line mode, the Formula Editor Save Formula icon (third from the left) goes grey (as though it was non-functional), even if it is possible to re-save the formula (because there are some changes not yet saved).

The re-save function seems to work even though the icon is grey.

Comment

David
        While the icon is gray and you have added a line if you then x-out from FW without saving does it ask you if you want to save?
        If not then it would appear that it is not seeing the changes you made
        Alex

Comment

I have a feeling I am not making myself clear.. either that, or...

the greyed icon is not in FW, it is in the Editor found under Tools.

The icon goes grey when the Add a Line function is invoked in FW.

The greyed button on the Tools, Editor is still active, but is grey.

Thsi happens to me because i keep the FW open to generate correct syntax for cutting and pasting into the Tools, Editor

After I paste and want to save my work in preparation for reloading on th adv chart, I notice the icon is grey - but functional.

Comment

I can't seem to replicate that while working with both Editor and FW on the same efs.
            Unless I change a line in the Editor the Save icon remains gray and inactive.
            Alex

Comment

With the FW open and the Editor open, try adding a line to drawRelative text. While the dialogue box is open to allow you to enter the proper terms from the drop down boxes, is the Save Formula icon grey - even when there is something to save?

Comment

Here are the steps I followed

1. Open same formula in both FW and Editor
                Both Save icons are gray and inactive and both Save As are functional.

2. Add a Line in FW to DrawTextRelative. As soon as I hit OK the Save icon in FW becomes black and active. The Save icon in Editor remains gray and inactive. As I see it this is correct as those changes have not been passed on to Editor

Copy the added line from Generated EFS Code section to same section in Editor and the Save icon in Editor immediately becomes black and active

Alex

Comment

That would work the same as for me, but that's not what I do.

1 - open an efs in the Editor

2 Open the FW, select new, then cancel

3 Under Set 1 everytime, select 'add line'

4 select drawShapeRelative - leave dialogue box open for steps 5 6 7 8 etc.

5 go back to the Editor

6 make a change, like add a couple of spaces or some slashes

7 note the third icon from the left is grey

8 click on the greyed Save Formula icon, changes are saved

Comment

Sure does. So long as the dialog box is open the Save icon remains gray but is active.
                    As soon as the dialog box is closed the Save icon resumes working properly.
                    Nice find David and apologies that it took me this long to understand
                    Alex
                    Last edited by ACM; 02-21-2003, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X