Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACD Crossover Alerts - run out memory

Attached is a file created by the Formula Wizard of eSignal 7.2

It very similar to Example #2 contained in the new, and very well done, documentation on the Formula Wizard.

I have 1GB of memory and an 80GB hard drive.

I have been running other formulas, not containing alerts, and they work fine.

The formula is loaded by right-clicking in an Advanced Charting window, then left-clicking on Formulas, left-clicking on Wizard, left-clicking on Alerts, and then left-clicking MACD Crossover.efs

The attached file, when loaded on the DIA 1 min chart, caused all of my computer resources to be consumed. It causes an eSignal pop-up window to appear with the following message to appear: "A required resource was"

The pop-up window also contains an OK button.

When the Trigger Alert List appears, it contains the desired result. Shortly after it appears, the condition described above occurs.

What suggestions does anyone have that may help to solve this problem?

Your help is appreciated.

Bill
    Attached Files

Bill
    One thing that comes to mind would be to add a setComputeOnClose(true); statement in the function main() section.
    You need to add it with the Editor.
    That should reduce the consecutive alerts generated on every tick when the signal line is straddling the macd.
    There are also other solutions, but in the mean time you could try that as it is the easiest to implement.
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 02-26-2003, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Alex makes a good suggestion.

If you are running a number of EFS formula's on a number of charts, you might try this first however:

in the top menu select Tools->EFS Settings

in the popup menu that appears, double the Heap Size and Stack Size.

I have had to do this due to the number of formula's I run. Note that this is EFS specific, so if you are only running a few EFS formulas and lots of builtin study's, this is likely not the solution you need.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

thank you

Alexis and Garth,

I appreciate your replies and will test them tomorrow.

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X