Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Linear Regression Channel (already produced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Alex. got it.

Comment

I meant thanks Alex and Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonK
        Hello KuJax,

The two functions I gave you are from Mel's EFS. As for the development effort with Mel, I wouldn't say there was any problems per se. The time involved with this project had a lot do with other factors besides the formula calculations themselves, which is pretty standard for projects like this. Good luck with your project.
        I dont understand what you mean by other factors that are pretty standard. Do you care to explain further?

Comment

Hello KuJax,

Is there a specific problem you need some help with?
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hello KuJax,

Is there a specific problem you need some help with?
            JasonK,

Here is an example of a documentation type coding for a single regression linear (NOT THE SAME INDICATOR, but similar)

Single Regression Line algorithm:

1. Going through the last N periods calculate:

SumX - sum of all X values
            SumY - sum of all Y values
            SumXY - sum of all XY
            SumX2 - sum of all XX

2. B = (N*SumXY-SumX*SumY)/(N*SumX2+SumX*SumX)
            A = (SumY-B*SumX)/N

3. Calculate standard deviation

Go through all N periods and for each calculate
            F = Y-(X*B+A)

4. SumF = sum of all F*F from step 3

5. StD = SQRT(SumF/N)

Plot the lines:

Y=B*X+A for the central line
            Y=B*X+A+W*StD for upper channel line (where W is the width of the
            channel)
            Y=B*X+A-W*StD for lower channel line (where W is the width of the
            channel)

Is there anyway that you can extract/output the e-signal formula into a documentation type code similar to this? It would be of super help!

Comment

Hello KuJax,

Looks like you have some good instructions to start with already. They look very similar to what Mel's formula is currently doing. To get your specific instructions coded into EFS I would suggest using Mel's formula as a template. Make your best efforts to get as far as you can and if you need some guidance with a particular step, post your code here and I'll help guide you through the process.
              Jason K.
              Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
              EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hello KuJax,

Looks like you have some good instructions to start with already. They look very similar to what Mel's formula is currently doing. To get your specific instructions coded into EFS I would suggest using Mel's formula as a template. Make your best efforts to get as far as you can and if you need some guidance with a particular step, post your code here and I'll help guide you through the process.
                JasonK,

I sure do appreciate your quick responses. I am not trying to make my own EFS. I am basically trying to get a "documentation" type code, exactly outlined like I did below for "Single Regression Line algorithm." But I am trying to do this with Mel's formula's. However, I cannot sift through all the coding, since i'm not a programmer i'm not sure what is formula's, what reacts on the formula's, and what is actually coding that is specified for e-signal. Is there anyway that you can outline Mel's Moving Linear Regression Line algorithm, just like I did with the Single Regression Line alorithm? I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Hello KuJax,

In addition to a single regression line like your instructions, the study also draws lines at 1 and 2 standard deviation lines above and below a 23 period regression line with the same slope. It also draws the moving linear regression value of a 3 period regression along with a moving average. The moving average is a 4 period exponential moving average of the close by default.
                  Jason K.
                  Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                  EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

KuJax

If you post the code, I will try and start to comment the logic.

Comment

Originally posted by dloomis
                      KuJax

If you post the code, I will try and start to comment the logic.
                      http://www.lan-xtreme.com/screenshots/e-signal.txt

That is the EFS indicator that can be used in e-signal. If I could get the formula's/logic, that would be fantastic!

Comment

That code has syntax errors, is there code avialbale that is error free?

Comment

That code has syntax errors, is there code avialbale that is error free?
                          What code has syntax errors? The code that I posted of "single regression line"? That is not actual programming, but more of a logistics of what needed to be programed (for that indicator.) I specified it as "documentation code", meaning, it is what formula's and what needs to be done when programmed to work properly.

I am trying to get the logistics/documentation (code/formulas) out of the e-signal.txt that i just posted

Comment

I should have been more specific, sorry.

The code at the link you posted, http://www.lan-xtreme.com/screenshots/e-signal.txt , has syntax errors.

However, I found some code Jason posted and am commenting that.

See attached. Does that help?
                            Attached Files

Comment

I should have been more specific, sorry.

The code at the link you posted, http://www.lan-xtreme.com/screenshots/e-signal.txt , has syntax errors.

However, I found some code Jason posted and am commenting that.

See attached. Does that help?
                              I don't think I understand you correctly. The e-signal.txt is just so others can open it in their browsers. Is there a different in the actual coding from e-signal.txt and the attachment you made (in .efs format)?

Comment

The code at the link you posted was supposed (imho) to be actual efs code. If so, it has syntax errors and will not run.

Perhaps the author make a mistake and posted the wrong code, I don't know why code would be posted that has errors.

Anyway, Jason posted some code that was identified as Mel's method and I commented that code. They appear to be quite similar.

Here are my comments, hope they help.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X