Please help with Detrended Price Oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with Detrended Price Oscillator

Can somebody please tell me what are the inputs for Detrended price oscillators.

Also What are the defaults in eSignal's efs formula for it ?

I understand the plain price oscillator inputs but don't understand the Detrended Price Oscillator.

Also please send me any articles or book where I can learn more about it & how to use it.

[email protected]

Thank You
    Robert

Robert
    Which Detrended Oscillator efs are you referring to? The one in the DiNapoli folder?
    If that is the one then there is one parameter only ie nLength which is set by default to 7.
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,

It is not the one in DiNapoli folder.

I am talking about the efs formula given in the following link.

http://www.tssupport.com/support/bas...rticle&id=1540

You are here: TS Support > Support > Knowledgebase

Oscillators > Detrended Price Oscillator [eSignal EFS Indicators]

Download: DetrendOsc.efs

Category: Indicator > Oscillators

Description:

The Detrend Price Osc indicator is similar to a moving average, in that it filters out trends in prices to more easily identify cycles. The indicator is an attempt to define cycles in a trend by drawing a moving average as a horizontal straight line and placing prices along the line according to their relation to a moving average. It provides a means of identifying underlying cycles not apparent when the moving average is viewed within a price chart. Cycles of a longer duration than the Length (number of bars used to calculate the Detrend Price Osc) are effectively filtered or removed by the oscillator.

Usage:

Allows for the determination of cycles and overbought/oversold levels by the eliminating the longer-term trend in the price.

Inputs:

Price - Price used to calculate the Detrend Price Osc
      Length - Number of bars used to calculate the Detrend Price Osc

If you plot this under the price & right click the property, it asks you for 2 inputs.

(1) sPrice
      (2) nLength

What is sPrice ?

Thanks

Comment

Robert
        sPrice is the source to be used in the calculation. If you look at the formula listed at the link you provided you will see that sPrice is equal to Close if the user does not provide any input for that parameter.
        nLength instead is the period over which the oscillator is calculated and is set by default to 14
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

I tried to put C for sPrice & then 20 for nPeriod but I got the error message.

So how do I insert sPrice ?

Also where can I learn more about what is Detrended Oscillator & How To Use It ?

Thank You
          Robert

Comment

Robert
            If you want to use Close as the price source then you do not need to insert anything in the sPrice box since Close is already the default. For other prices use Open, High, and Low.
            FWIW the Detrended Price Oscillator is the same indicator as the Detrended Oscillator available in the DiNapoli folder of Formulas. The only difference is that the one at the link you provided includes the option to select the price source.
            For any information on the indicator I would suggest running a search on the net for Detrended Oscillator or similar search words
            Alex

Comment

Alexis,

You were very helpful.

Thank You!

Robert

Comment

Working...
              X