Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Sep: Shorting Moving Average Pullbacks (SMAPS.efs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Sep: Shorting Moving Average Pullbacks (SMAPS.efs)

Jason, I was unable to successfully use the Shorting Moving Average Pullbacks script, per Stocks and Commodities. I use pull backs in my trading a lot. The bands show but the red line does not inspite of a number of pull backs on the chart. These may or may not fit the criteria. Can you advise.

Jason, thanks for your very good work and I appreciate the answers to the very few questions I have written on this forum.

I am not too familiar with the posting, please forgive if I have posted this to you twice.

Jason, we write scripts and we really need the backtester. We need to check out individual days with intra day data like we used to. Please let us know when we will get the new upload.
    Last edited by jmingt; 09-06-2005, 06:20 AM.

Hello jmingt,

The pullbacks that you are looking at visually may not have satisfied all of the conditions in the EFS based on the parameters you were using. Please list the specific parameters you were using (include all parameters from Edit Studies) and the symbol you were testing with. If you post a chart image of a specific pullback you feel was missed, we can identify the specific reason why.

As soon as the new installer is posted with the updated Strategy Analyzer, I'll let everyone know.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Removing Volume Parameters

I've tried quite unsucessfully to remove the Average Volume Filter and Average Volume Periods Parameters from the formula to no avail. I use MA pullbacks in my trading lot as well, however my market of choice is the forex and there is no volume data there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello techinvest,

As an alternative to modifying the code to remove the Average Volume Filter and Periods, try setting the Average Volume Filter to 0 and the Periods to 1. You can permanently change these values by changing their default values set in the preMain() function.

As for forex and volume, there isn't much we can do since the study requires volume data.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X