KeltnerArEmaAdj.efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeltnerArEmaAdj.efs

when I saved and downloaded this study it appeared underneath my chart. Can you save it as a price study -- or am I doing something wrong ???

Hello halsall,

Did you use the download link or copy/paste code into EFS editor? You shouldn't have any problems if you use the download link. Let me know if you are still having any trouble.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi
      I am learning to program EFS and would like to ask what are the advantages of calculating the EMA and ATR from scratch to get to the Keltner channels, instead of using the built in functions MAStudy() and ATRStudy().

Thanks

Juan

Comment

Juan
        AFAIK assuming that the criteria are the same there should be no difference. If anything the one using the builtins is probably more efficient at least that is how it appears to be when running the EFS Performance Monitor.
        The only advantage to writing your own code would be that you could calculate the ATR based on different criteria such as for example the average of High-Low rather than the conventional definition used in the ATR builtin study.
        Alex

Comment

Keltner Bands

Hello,

Please assist with the following:

I downloaded the file name--keltneraremaadj.efs.

I saved this file to "my computer documents" .

Please explain step by step to this novice user...

How does one transfer this file which is presently in the "my computer documents" to the Esignal charting software?

I would like the Mid Band to be an 8 bar EMA with the Upper and Lower Bands to have a multiplier constant of 1.3%.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!
          Jerry

Comment

Jerry
            Using Windows Explorer move the file from the My Documents folder into the Program Files/eSignal/Formulas folder.
            Then in the eSignal application open a new Advanced Chart, right click it, select Formulas and click on the name of the file. This will load the efs in the chart.
            To adjust the period and the multiplier constant right click the chart again and select Edit Studies. When the Study Properties window opens select the Keltner study from the dropdown menu then type 8 in the nInputLength box and 1.3 in the nRangeFactor box and click OK or press <Enter>
            Alex

Comment

If I can add to what Alex already posted, this video tutorial on EFS Basics will lead you through many of these steps visually. Since each of us learn differently, a visual look at how to work with EFS may also be a great resource for you.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

negative values

I like this keltner study. However, I am charting spreads with negative price values and this keltner calculation does not work. Any ideas how I can use this same study for my charts with negative numbers?

Thanks.

Comment

wynvern
                  Can you provide an example of spread you are using with the study. I just tried it on some spreads (and symbols) that return negative numbers and the script appears to work
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X