BidAskAnalysis.efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BidAskAnalysis.efs

I have a couple of questions on how to preserve the Bid/Ask analysis when different symbols on the same chart.

1. How can I avoid reinitializing the study when I type the same stock symbol on the chart? I was thinking about something like this but it doesn't seem to work...:

var lastSymbol = "";

preMain() {
    if( lastSymbol == getSymbol() ) { // Old symbol requested?
    return;
    }
    }

main() {
    lastSymbol = getSymbol(); // Assign stock symbol
    }

2. Is there a way to access the Time&Sales information for the day (they're available in the Time&Sales window) rather then collecting them in real-time through the chart API? This way I could rebuild the Bid/Ask analysis everytime I switch symbol on the chart.

Hello probtrader,

1. How can I avoid reinitializing the study when I type the same stock symbol on the chart?
    You cannot prevent this action. The reinitialization of the EFS studies upon a symbol change is the default behavior of the Advanced chart.

2. Is there a way to access the Time&Sales information for the day (they're available in the Time&Sales window) rather then collecting them in real-time through the chart API? This way I could rebuild the Bid/Ask analysis everytime I switch symbol on the chart.
    Historical time and sales data is not accessible in EFS currently. Feel free to submit a request for this to [email protected].
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X