McClellanOsc2.efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McClellanOsc2.efs

Do you have an efs file for the Nasdaq McClellan OSC?
    THX

gwika
    You could use the formula posted in this thread and replace $ADD with $ADDQ in the line vADD = open(0, 1, "$ADD");
    Alex

Comment

Nasdaq McClellan OSC

Being a Newbie would it be possible to have YOU change the $ADD to the $ADDQ? And create a NASDAQ McClellan OSC efs? I have no idea how to do that.
      One final question, is there a way to overlay a Basic Study on to a Formula. I'm trying to overlay the Parabolic SAR on top of the Nasdaq McClellan OSC? Thanks for your time...Greg

Comment

Greg
        The attached revision of the efs adds the option to select either $ADD or $ADDQ as the symbol used for the McClellan Oscillator.
        As to your second question that depends on the Basic Study. If the Basic Study plots in the price window then it is not possible to overlay it on a separate window. If instead it plots in its own indicator window then it is possible.
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

The two symbol study works well, but I have two request. Instead of using $ADD and $ADDQ as options in the study is there a way you can use getSymbol() and then when its the $NYA auto select the $ADD. Similar when the $COMPQ price is selected then the $ADDQ symbol is auto selected. This way the price chart is above the indicator and its easy to change.

Like all oscillators could there also be a min and a max value you could input depending on the symbol and a line drawn. For instance a 200 for a max with $ADD and 225 for a max with $ADDQ with the oscillator. Like wise for a minimum value. That way the you could have unique lines for each index,

This way a quote window is linked and when the symbols are selected all the data comes up. I worked on this for a day and still learning how to do it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X