Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will NOT return historical values

Greetings.

I have been reviewing the videos of JavaScript for EFS along with studying posted EFS files, trying to knock the rust off of my limited knowledge of programing.
    Two EFS that I have been looking at are, BidAskVolume and BidAskSize. Statement may be the wrong terminology to use here but the statement getMostRecentAsk is in both BidAskVolume and BidAskSize. The statement getMostRecentAskSize is in BidAskSize. In the EFS developer's reference for getMostRecentAsk and getMostRecentAskSize, there is this at the top of the description page, "Returns the most recent ask price. Note that this function can only be used in realtime. It will NOT return historical values." and "Returns the size traded at the most recent ask price. Note that this function can only be used in realtime. It will NOT return historical values."
    I have the BidAskSize EFS loaded on a chart, a tick chart. I also have a Time and Sales window open with Date, Time, Price and Size displayed.
    Now, when I do $Playback, the date, time and price in the Time and Sales window match the display of the BidAskSize EFS for the current active bar but the "size" is not comming thru.
    I know that I am missing something. Why is the "size" not being displayed? If "will NOT return historical values" is the case, then what am I seeing in the Time and Sales window when the "price" there matches the "price" in the BidAskSize EFS display? If the "price" is a true historical value, then why will the "size" not be displayed?

Thank you

jethro87
    See this reply by JasonK
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X